pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:12 am 

Ok. I installed turboedit in win7 and got it work, but ecucontrol doesnt open, i have installed standalone first then latest plugin, when i have map open and try to open ecucontrol via turboedit, nothing happens.. I got that old standalone run but when i start it it gives code: run time error `30005`: invalid alignment value.

Any ideas, i really want to run TE with new laptop and win7. I have tryed to install xp mode in this but no luck, so any help is aapreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:24 pm 

I am having the exact same problem, using windows 7 as well. I have all the required files in the same directory with ecucontrol.dll. I tried registering them but got an error message from windows. The contents of applog.txt is:
Code:
Application Innitialized...
7/11/2010 - 6:59:44 PM
Communicating with TurboEDIT...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 pm 

I got it to run! I moved the .ocx support files from the ecucontrol plugin directory to the main TurboEdit directory. I did not register any of them, for what that's worth.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:29 pm 

Hey guys. I'm running into alot of issues myself on this. I wasn't even able to register files for ECUControl. When I do open TE, i get ActiveX error messages for the ExtraTables and ECUControl plugins. The Beave will be assisting me with tuning and we just spent the last hour to figure out how to get the kinks out of the software with no luck. Can someone help me? I tried moving the file like the user above with no such luck. I run W7 32-bit...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:10 pm 

TE works with no issues...just the plugins are not functional?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:12 pm 

I moved the files around a ton and it would up working with them in that directory. I don't know if they're still registered somewhere or how I can check that. I'm 64 bit although I doubt that makes much difference.

If there's some way I can see what files are registered I can try to offer more advice, but at the moment all I know is what I mentioned before. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:41 am 

just put a full installer for ecucontrol up on honda-perf.net...try it and let us know if it gets it running or not.

http://honda-perf.net/turboedit/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:54 am 

I tried the installers, just moved the existing TurboEdit folder from Program Files to the desktop. During the TurboEdit installation it gave the error seen in the error 1.jpg I attached. It gave that same error when I ran it normally and as administrator. I hit Ignore and it seemed to finish fine. It did the same with the EcuControl installation, and I hit Ignore again.

When I started TurboEdit it gave a couple errors about the ecucontrol and extratables plugins, apparently it remembered that it had those. I uninstalled and reinstalled them in TurboEdit and there are no more errors when it starts. The extratables plugin works fine, but the EcuControl plugin doesn't seem to work. I clicked the toolbar button and the menu item but it doesn't open.

Let me know if there's something else I can try, hopefully we can get this stuff working smoothly.

Attachments:
File comment: Error during installation
error 1.jpg
error 1.jpg [ 54.59 KiB | Viewed 44392 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:21 pm 

ok, I uninstalled ECUC and dl'd his latest version you posted. During install, I get that exact message as the poster above me. What does that mean?

when I install the ECUC plugin into the plugins install box, i get an error message that the module was installed but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005?

Last edited by LoNSlo2k on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:23 pm 

Does TurboEdit work for you even with that error? It works on mine but it may be because I got it working before and something is still hiding somewhere. I didn't do a real uninstall before trying this installation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:31 pm 

drdisco69 wrote:
Does TurboEdit work for you even with that error? It works on mine but it may be because I got it working before and something is still hiding somewhere. I didn't do a real uninstall before trying this installation.

Yes, I get the Active X error codes at start up for XtraTables and ECUC, click ok, and I ge to TE, I can open a bin, edit it so I assume it works.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:37 pm 

LoNSlo2k wrote:
when I install the ECUC plugin into the plugins install box, i get an error message that the module was installed but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005?

I don't remember exactly but I think that was the error I got a while ago when I was trying to get it working. There is a post somewhere about how to register it manually on the command line. Someone else also had luck with compatability mode: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19482 although it didn't work for me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:55 pm 

drdisco69 wrote:
I tried the installers, just moved the existing TurboEdit folder from Program Files to the desktop.

does the version you moved to the desktop still work? you will more than likely have to uninstall and reinstall thru the TE plugin manager.

the old vb6 app's are barely supported on vista and win7...i've got a newer .net version 85% done but it wont more than likely wont be ready till spring. as far as that installation error goes, just ignore it for now...

i'll have to do some more reading on this...sorry for the trouble :?

*EDIT: redownload the installer...it should now dump every file that's used into the ecucontrol folder. you will probably still get that error during install, just ignore it again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:10 pm 

Would it be best/easier for me to find a laptop that still has XP to get around all these issues? lol

I really want to get my lil hatch going. Been a LONG time since I've driven it. Need to park the S2k for a bitz ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:39 pm 

Yes, get an XP lappy. No more headaches, and we can get tuning!