pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:21 am 

Hi guys. Just getting into the Honda OE ECU stuff, I've only done aftermarket and Saab OE before, so bare with me.

My wife bought a H22 Swapped Mk3 Prelude a while back and we got a mystery ECU with it, and the previous owner said its broken, but it did sound like he had been running it in this car.

(Car has a JDM 1994 H22A with a JDM P13-N01 ECU and some kind of aftermarket/swap harness now, could that have caused the damage to the P06 below somehow?)

The mystery ECU has all labels torn off, but the ROM is marked with 301 so it should be a P06 11F0 ECU/board from what I understand. It also seems like someone has added VTEC, IAB and all the usual chip/socket bits to it, which of course makes sense if it's meant to run a H22.

Something has happened with the IAB circuit, as seen below:

Attachment:
IMG_20210428_134339.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20210428_123952.jpg

Any ideas on what could have caused this, and do you think its repairable (I'm no stranger to soldering)? The "good" Honda ECUs are quite rare here in Sweden so I'd love it if I can repair this one.

Oh and on the side of the ECU someone has hand written "IABs, VTEC 3901". Not sure if that 3901 means something or if its just the VTEC trigger rpm.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.