pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: P28 problem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:19 pm 

Hello, I'd need some help with my chipped p28 mini me.

I have a d14a1 with d16y8 head, z6 intake and a8 4-1 exhaust. 11 static comp, 10.5 dynamic (used a calculator for this one with stock y8 cam data so don't know if its a reliable number).
Managed to get my hands on a p28 that has been chipped and supposedly the map has been made for the same engine. Been driving like that for 7 months, the engine didn't blow up, but today I went to annual vehicle inspection and when they plugged in the emissions test, it showed that lambda was 1.05 idle and around 1.15 in neutral from idle to 4000 rpm.

I went home, plugged in a stock p06 ecu and passed emission with lambda exactly 1 at idle and at high engine speed but the car is significantly slower.

Then I cut the J1 jumper on my p28, disabling the chip and running it on stock map. Since I don't have access to a wideband, I'm using hondash to read ecu data and get a general idea of whats going on.

Hondash was showing a +30% stft and o2 sensor was reading 0.1V, idle was all over the place with iacv around 30% but rpm between 500 and 800.

I plugged in the p06 again and o2 readings were good, stft was oscillating around +5%, idle was good.

With all this stuff going on I came to the conclusion that my p28 is not working properly. Is this a know problem, is it possible that the guy who socketed it did something wrong or any other idea?

Its a 6th gen civic ej9, originally it had a d14a3 in it which has parallel injectors 1+3 and 2+4 wired together. I changed to a d15z6 engine harness and I'm using a obd2a to obd1 harness from ebay. I've checked the harness and spliced the vtec oil pressure switch to the vtec solenoid wire.