pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:18 pm 

Just giving an introduction new to the forum and all that. I've gotta 63 Baja bug that I've installed a j30a in out of a 97 Acura cl so it's a distributor engine only year that I know of. I've also got a megasquirt ms3 pro that I picked up a few years back. With any luck I'll get to work on it this summer if the budget provides. I'll have to wire the entire car completely from scratch then calibrate and tune the engine. Plumb brakes coolant and fuel at some point. Its been an ongoing project for the last 6 years now.

Im hoping I'm in the right place i tried with no luck to search for things related to this and it seems I might be the only one in ththe world trying to install a megasquirt onto a j30. I've got close to no tuning experience but I've got common sense and mechanics are second nature to me and I'm hoping that keeps me from blowing up the engine but it's all stock so I'm sure it'll be fine.

So basically I've got a bone stock j30a that came out of an automatic car. I've deleted everything emissions related. The only belt driven accessory is the alternator. It does have a distributor driven of the right side camshaft. Its adapted to a vw transmission with a Kennedy adapter plate kit. I'm not aiming for power I just want a reliable torquey 200hp buggy.