pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:39 pm 

Yes it is a lot of work for little gain and the only reason I did it was because I had decided to turbocharge mine assuming it would have been covered before like so many other Civics. I didn't realise that my Aerodeck was such an oddball Honda. Once i'd got past the point of no return though I ploughed on. My fuelling issues are because i've not sorted the basemap yet but it does work well, i'm slowly fumbling though with Crome and Freelog.
I had to change IACV also and do the wire fix but what I wasn't told was that the IACV is throttle-body mounted on my OBD2a car, but mounted on the manifold on an OBD1, so you need the complete manifold /throttle-body/IACV combo with plugs, and throttle cable as one is longer, I modified my cable bracket to retain the original.
To my knowlwdge it is the only turbocharged automatic Civic Aerodeck in the world and i'm quite pleased with myself for getting through it where most would have given up. There's a lot to be said for having a unique car, but I wouldn't want to go through another project like this again, most of the battle was the absence of info.
Good luck.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:02 am 

1net wrote:
sorry but i skipped most of your post....
in just a few words: DON't change the ECU
You MB guys are blessed with nice p28-ish convertable ECUs and you're cursed with accordish civics ;)

P1J and P1K can easily drive ANY OBDI engine.... I've even used them to control a d15z1 therefor removing the nasty WB o2 senzor.
Feel free to contact me here, however PMs and ICQ 159521719 are preferable as I usually skip over the Newbies section because of time shortage.

I have some photos for converting P1J & P1k for vtec, but they are mostly the same as a P06 with the small exeption that the Wiki is wrong... something I'll correct when it's up and running again.

hi,
i have a EDM 37820-P1K-E61 ecu. This has an immobiliser chip. I have a D16Y8 engine with 8 pin distributor with CKP, CYP and TDC sensors. Car is currently running on P28 on neptune. so i already have wiring for all 4 injectors and all the distributor wires running to the P28 ecu. The p28 board is damaged and I am using that for parts to do chipping and VTEC conversion of the p1k ECU.
I have done all conversion on the he p1k. I have donen jumper J1 to use my Neptune on the p1k. But car doesn't start. I can smell fuel. Sparks also coming. Is there any wiring swap I should do?
I have used p28 harness as it is to connect to p1k.
Thanks
Mahesh.