pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:00 pm 
I'm currently running 390cc injectors with a VAFC II hack on a p75 ECU. I want to be able to utilize my vtec head (d16z6) as well as tune with crome. What would be the best way of converting? I was thinking about just buying a kit to chip my ECU myself and just convert it to vtec while I'm at it (essentially making it a p28). Would I be better off just selling my p75 and buying a chipped p28 for $160? I haven't been able to find any writeups on how to convert a p75 to use vtec but I know it's possible. What all would it require to uninstall my VAFC? For some reasons (I think it's something to do with the hack) I don't have my map sensor plugged in.

I guess my question is, what's the best way to get from hacked p75 to crome p28 (or converted p28)? THANKS in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:06 am 

first off, you will need to wire in that MAP... unles your running on a firewall mounted type...

then either, do the VTEC conversion and chip, or buy a pre-chipped ECU...

get a EEPROM burner/reader, and your good to use CROME.

is that an auto or manual ECU?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:45 pm 
It's a manual transmission (I assume anyways since it's a 5-speed tranny) and I'm not sure if there's a firewall mounted MAP Sensor or not. The car runs..if that means anything. What all would wiring up a MAP Sensor require? Are there any write ups? I just orderred the kit to chip my ECU and the kit to do the v-tec conversion. Sadly I'm too broke to afford a burner right now so I'm just going to see if someone can burn me a chip with a basemap I choose for like $15 or something. What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:51 pm 
Oh and also, I tried to register for the Xenocron dump zone so I can find a good basemap but for some reason the link that was sent to my e-mail to verify registration doesn't work. When I click on it it just sends me to a page that says that the link doesn't work :evil: Anybody know anything about this? If someone could find me a basemap on there and burn me a chip I'll pay $15-$20 for it. My mods are as follows:

d16z6 swap (stock internals)
adjustable cam gear
390cc injectors w/resistor box
14b turbo @8 psi (but I'm in the market for a boost controller)
modified HF manifold
2.5" full exhaust to stock muffler
hybrid ZC tranny

If there's anything else you need to know just let me know (aim=bigbbass451)

THANKS AGAIN!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:42 pm 

You should check out http://phearable.net/ if you are going to buy a Chip.
But if you are ready to spend $20 on a base map, you might as well just buy an EPROM burner for $40 off ebay (Got mine for $32 Shipped :D ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:35 pm 
Does anyone know if the Advanced Willem EPROM burners will work properly to burn the chip that comes with this kit (http://www.moates.net/product_info.php? ... ucts_id=42)?? The chip is a SST 27SF512 Chip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:49 am 

The enhanced willems burner that you get from ebay will not program the 27SF512. WOW, your car is actually running without the map?? I did a tune on a friends car that had a VAFC and then he took it off and I had to retune the car cause everythung was way off. I didn't beleive how much that junk hack messed things up. It's really not that hard to take out and put back to stock. Also if your going to run over 11.5psi of boost you need a new MAP sensor too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 am 

you might have to get a plug for it off an OBDI civic, and run the wiring to the ECU.... check your ECU pinout for the MAP wire, then you can see what color it is.. and find it in the engine bay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:28 am 
JaredKaragen wrote:
you might have to get a plug for it off an OBDI civic, and run the wiring to the ECU.... check your ECU pinout for the MAP wire, then you can see what color it is.. and find it in the engine bay.

Will there only be one wire? How can I identify the map sensor wire on the back of the ECU? THANKS again for all the help everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:05 pm 

Your MAP will have 3 wires, one is the signal/power input, one the signal/power output, and one ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:49 pm 
Thanks a bunch. I found this page (http://www.team-integra.net/forum/displ ... readPage=1) which has a pinout of which wires are the 3 that I need but I can't seem to find them. Does anyone know which ones are the 3 wires I need? I'm just going to get a motorola 2.5 bar map sensor and wire that up instead. Also does anyone know where the vacuum line on the motorola map sensor connects to? Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:11 am 

There is a peice made that can allow you to bolt it to the TB in the stock MAP location. If you don't wish to use that you just need to pull the vaccum off of the intake manifold. Best location is where the stock one pulled from but it is strictly up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:08 pm 
Thanks for all the help guys. My plan is as follows:

chipping kit for my p75-bought
v-tec conversion (p75 to p72)
good basemap-burned
motorola 2.5 map sensor

The only thing I still need to figure out is where the hell those map sensor wires go into the ECU and where the v-tec wires go. If anyone knows which pins these wires to go that'd be too damn cool. Thanks again guys, you've all made this conversion process much smoother and less aggravating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:57 pm 

This might help you out, it's FF Squad's tech site for ECU wiring and ect.
http://www.technet.ff-squad.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:43 pm 
Thanks a million^^^ Just to let you guys know where I'm at:

Motorola 2.5 map sensor - bought
basemap - burned
v-tec wiring kit - bought
crome chipping kit - bought

All I've got to do now is wait for the parts, sodder them into place, and hook up the wiring. THANKS again everyone. I'll let you guys know how it turns out for me.