pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:28 am 

Right, this I get. I was just looking to see an example of what he was talking about and all I saw was obd2 j2534 compliant stuff. When I was with honda we only refurred to the k line in obd2, obd1 was simply called the cummunication line, or rtx line.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:03 pm 

mrhondadude wrote:
am assuming tou guys are talking about j2534?

whats j2546? my cable should be aariving today. :)

already asked a friend to get me one and ls-1 from ebay, although would take some time for me to receive it. :(

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:33 am 

ASE J2534 is an obd2 only US fedraly mandated communication standard.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pass_thr ... automotive)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:57 am 

I got the cable (USB TO RS232 TTL UART CABLE) and some male pins to plug this with to the ecu CN2

Where can i find a pin out for this ? and the drivers to make this work ? Wonder if the color code for the wires are all the same for this cable ? or is there anyway to test? which is which ?

RED WIRE: 5V?
BLACK WIRE: GND
GREEN WIRE: ?
WHITE WIRE: ?

Is there a tutorial on how to get this thing working with the freelog software ?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:02 pm 

Attachment:
033.JPG

How to use:

Plug in your cable, download driver, go start menu>control panel>device manager>continue>ports(com&lpt), set your baud rate to 38400(or closest) and make note of com port number.
Now open free log, go tools>setting and select correct com port, and at the top select crome protocall 2(I think it says QD2), or curi's D/L. all other setting should be correct. Now jump the white wire to the green wire on your cable( I like to use an extra piece of soldier as a jumper). Now click the button that says "loopback test". If your com port is set up correctly, you get a passed message. Now disconnect the white from the green, and connect to the ecu as shown in the picture. Now click the "sanity check" button. If everything is set correctly you will get a message like ecu detected or something like that(sorry I don't remember exact message. If you get this message, have happy data logging, if not, let me know, I wrote this off of memory from a couple years ago, I may be forgetting something.

Driver below...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:02 am 

your photo shows that you did not plug the red wire ? i think thats the 5v line ?

I'm having a bit of a problem with the usb driver that you posted. After install the device does show up in the device manager but with a triangle with exclamation point.

I think i also haven't enable logging in chrome. Il post back once i got things sorted out.

thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:15 pm 

If you connect the red wire, the ecu pulls 5v through the cable from your usb port on the computer. I used to use it, but found that that caused the ecu to stay powered on even with the key off, plus made the iac buzz and some other funny things. The cable will get its power from your usb and does not need it from the ecu, if you wanted to use it as a backup voltage, you should put a diode in it.

Although you should only need the driver, here is everything on the chip set in that cable:
Attachment:
prolific drivers.zip

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:40 pm 

Well i got the drivers for the cable sorted out. It turned out that my cable was defective, it was a good thing i ordered 2 of those. The 2nd cable worked just fine.

mrhondadude wrote:
If you connect the red wire, the ecu pulls 5v through the cable from your usb port on the computer.

I kinda figured this one out. While trying to program a Bluetooth module with the UART cable.

This module was powered by the UART CABLE.

I havn't touched my ecu yet, i need to pull out the flash and enable rtp-logging in chrome. I need to solder the header in CN2 and remove J12.

I already downloaded free-log (v1.0.93) i opened up the app and it seemed complicated. :?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:40 pm 

When you're in free log, just set up the cable like I said before. when using free log it always opens to the first tab(data capture). This tab will show you the [b]AVERAGE[b] AFR at any given point on that spreadsheet that the engine has run in. You will then use these numbers to adjust the same box in crome. Each of the boxes in this spreadsheet are referred to as load cells.

The second tab(live data) will show you live data on multiple pids such as engine rpm, engine coolant temp, battery voltage, and so on. This is a great screen for checking you tps and other sensors.

The third tab(other sensors data view) is much like the first tab, but for any sensor you wish. This spreadsheet you can choose to display average, minimum, and maximum values.

The fourth tab(temp/AFR relation) shows you AFR at a given coolant temp. This can be helpful if you run lean when hot.

the best thing to do is just to play around with it for a while. There many other features to this app that I did not go into. Alot of the settings you wont use, but they are in place incase the program needs to be expanded upon. You will get a message about lost communications or something like that about once a minuet, just ignore the message and press ok to continue, remember it is a free program.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:21 am 

its been a long time. i havn't even begun the process of data logging anyway i already have the lc2 from innovate. i ordered the lc1 but i got the lc2 instead. il try to post progress when i get the time to fix this. by the way is it okay for me the leave the lc2 on the car? a friend of mine told me that wideband sensors are only good for up to a 1k hour is this true ?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 am 

does the easy rtp v.10 still supported by crome ? if i can't seem to find any details on how to go about using this ? also i recently got a spare ecu that i can experiment on. Was thinking of making the easy rtp if was working?