pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Are you horny?
All the time. 51%  51%  [ 603 ]
Right now, yes. 7%  7%  [ 87 ]
Right now, no. 17%  17%  [ 198 ]
Newbie here... What is horny? 13%  13%  [ 149 ]
I'm like a bad ECU -- always on limp mode. 12%  12%  [ 137 ]
Total votes : 1174
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:31 am 

Hi, I'm a newbie also and I need lots of help with programming a Honda ecu for use on my road race car. It is a Toyota AW11-NA. I want to use a Honda ecu since THE TOYOTA ECU SUCKS!!. The honda as I understand is programmable but I have no earthly idea of where to begin either with software or hardware to get this going. I've read elsewhere that tomdata has done this but I believe it was for a turbo application. My sanctioning body does not like turbos for road racing so I need to keep the car naturally aspirated. Any info, help, or direction would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 am 

Hello i'm definately new here i hope i will learn a few things. i'm going obd0 in da integra and using already swapped b20(i installed 3 years ago and b16a swap to do b20vtec. i will be building the entire setup and will need to tune. i want to use ostrich emulator on either pr4 ecu or pr3 not sure if i can use either pr4 is non-vtec and i don't have definate answer on if i can add vtec, and pr3 is jdm which as i understand is somewhat different. anyway glad to introduce myself can't wait to start learning.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:37 pm 

jhfite wrote:
Hello i'm definately new here i hope i will learn a few things. i'm going obd0 in da integra and using already swapped b20(i installed 3 years ago and b16a swap to do b20vtec. i will be building the entire setup and will need to tune. i want to use ostrich emulator on either pr4 ecu or pr3 not sure if i can use either pr4 is non-vtec and i don't have definate answer on if i can add vtec, and pr3 is jdm which as i understand is somewhat different. anyway glad to introduce myself can't wait to start learning.

jhfite,

:D I am a newbie too but I do know that the PR4 will support VTEC as I have one in a '93 hatchback Honda Civic and a B16a2 VTEC engine. Resistors need to be added. See http://www.hamotorsports.com/rm11-repla ... board.html

I also have a newbie question. I have a chipped PR4 board and would like to datalog with Freelog. Can I use a Hulog with a chip burned with Chrome?, or will I need an emulator such as the Ostrich or Demon?

Nick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:41 am 

Just wanted to say wassup! Hope to learn more stuff about ECU stuff.

On my to do list is to chip this ECU the right way. I know it has an eprom that says SKUNK 2 on it. My best guess it was bought from Ebay.
Right now its missing a jumper. There is a resistor soldered onto C31...will that affect anything? I know it supposed to be a capacitor. My engine is a JDM B16a

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Then I will learn how to tune then start buying stuff to tune my own car. My goal is to hit mid to low 13's

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:53 am 

im a newbie. a lot of good stuff here, i want to read more everyday. and everybody is helpful here. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:36 pm 

hii everybody
im newbies here..
from malaysia.
plz teach me ya....tq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 pm 

welcome,
what setup are you running?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:37 am 

how i can download the crome pro? can anyone teach me?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:54 pm 

www.tunewithcrome.com
however crome is pretty much dead. if your going to pay $150 for a licence you might never receive you might as well go with ectune or neptune.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:45 pm 

jvest wrote:
http://www.tunewithcrome.com
however crome is pretty much dead. if your going to pay $150 for a licence you might never receive you might as well go with ectune or neptune.

hondata is nice sorry i need some info on a holset h2a a turbo :roll: :o :lol: :D :twisted: :wink: :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:46 pm 

no one wrote:
hondata is nice sorry

Now Im sorry :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 pm 

bigJOE671 wrote:
Just wanted to say wassup! Hope to learn more stuff about ECU stuff.

On my to do list is to chip this ECU the right way. I know it has an eprom that says SKUNK 2 on it. My best guess it was bought from Ebay.
Right now its missing a jumper. There is a resistor soldered onto C31...will that affect anything? I know it supposed to be a capacitor. My engine is a JDM B16a

Then I will learn how to tune then start buying stuff to tune my own car. My goal is to hit mid to low 13's

HACK job. Remove the resistor, and tell the guy you bought it from to stop doing copious amounts of drugs. The chip doesn't do anything unless the J1 jumper is in place. There's a good possibility it wasn't installed correctly at all, so he removed the jumper. Only one way to find out...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 pm 

nicknich22931 wrote:
jhfite wrote:
I also have a newbie question. I have a chipped PR4 board and would like to datalog with Freelog. Can I use a Hulog with a chip burned with Chrome?, or will I need an emulator such as the Ostrich or Demon?

Nick

Read the wiki. Same goes for the last 10 people that posted on here. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm 

nonsoundflux wrote:
nicknich22931 wrote:
jhfite wrote:

Nick

Read the wiki. Same goes for the last 10 people that posted on here. :)

expect: sicknastyb17 :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:21 am 

sicknastyb17 wrote:
except: sicknastyb17 :D

No, you read the wiki too. And by read the wiki, I mean don't read the wiki.
:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next