pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:27 am 

Ok I have 96 accord ex automatic I did a h23a vtec bluetop swap with a 96 automatic h22 transmission the ecu they gave to match the motor is Pcf came from accord sir wangon from 98 to 2001 which come in the accord sir wangon. Ok so I plug the ecu which the ecu had the four plugging out let. So I plug it up it would not start for nothing. Then I plug back my stock ecu it start. But whem this motor run on the stock ecu the car Boggs alot and the shift of the the transmission is way of so the car runs like crap. Ppl was telling me that I can't use that Pcf ecu cause it might have a immobilizer chip in the ecu. They said if I take it out would not work for the car. So they told me to get a jumper has to step the euc down to a obd1 ecu and use the h22 auto ecu and tcu. Ok so I found one site that makes the automatic jumper they want 250 from rywire.com. so they say if I run that obd1 ecu I would run alot better and if I was to use the h22 obd2 ecu which is not going to work for my car cause it has the immobilizer in it and the tcu is saprate from the ecu. Please some one help me out am dieing of a good ecu to run my car. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:47 pm 

Any info peoples

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:10 pm 

This forum moves at the speed of molasses. Expecting an answer is sometimes an exercise in faith.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:04 am 

i did same swap in a 90 accord with auto. got a p75, chipped it and kept stock tcu. didnt use the rywire harness i wired it myself. ( converted the motor to odb1 instead of using rywire harness). there isnt a obd2 ecu that will work, the only helms manual for that motor is in russian. which sucks but google translate is the shit. ive never heard of someone keeping a obd2 tcu, so i guess the only way would be to get the wiring schematics for the h23a vtec ecu and wiring it up. that was my original plan but my obd1 chassie was missing too many components and wasnt feasiable. im on a laptop right now, but when i get back to my computer i will attach the ecu pinout for the h23a vtec ecu, prolly alot of wiring ahead of you but i think its your only option really.

edit:
the file is selectable AND searchable but its in russian. just open google translate side-by-side and copy paste anything you need to know from pdf. most of the pinout abbreviations are the same as we use in U.S. Good Luck! let us know what happens!

ALSO the h23a ecu is a ECM or whatever. there is NO SEPERATE TCU. its all in one. i suggest getting helms diagrams for your specific car and get to wiring.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.