pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:28 am 

here is a screenshot of what i just completed. a completely open source gauge option. its not frilly, yet.. and that iat reading is correct, +- a few degrees Fahrenheit ;)

and here is a link to the source files and the install files in one package.

http://mycomputerninja.com/~jon/ECUControl5_Net.zip

those of you wishing to just install it just go to the "ECUControl5_Net\tozip\EcuControl_Net_Install" and run setup.

Changes:
---------------------------------------------------
almost all of the vb files that were originally distributed have been changed to comment out old code. the old code is still there, but since the classes they rely on are proprietary, i commented them out and started over. so you may notice a couple class files missing, but those files pertained to the old proprietary code. you should also notice a new class file called DigitalGuage.vb that contains the new guage class. at this point the project compiles fine without any notion of the old proprietary code. and for all you small screen laptop people..me included.. there is a SCROLLABLE GAUGE WINDOW!!! so now you can see which gauges you want if you have a 5 inch screen, or all of the gauges even if you only have a 10 in screen.

Issues:
-----------------------------------------------------
this is pretty much an alpha release. there are menu items that I didn't get rid of, or that refer to functionality that may or may not be implemented yet. down the road we can clean them up and enable them, but i wanted to get a OS gauge system out there as fast as possible so that everyone can hack away at it and still monitor what is going on as a functioning piece of software. I don't expect there to be any major problems, but if anyone finds one, just post them in this thread or somewhere on this forum.

Requirements for Install:
------------------------------------------------------
since this relies on the microsoft .net framework, you will need a copy of the microsoft .net framework 1.1 redistributable package, which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en. the .net framework is a good thing, because it lets people who program in different languages interract more efficiently.. and i like it. and as always, the *nix and mac people cant use it.. sorry.

i ran my version on a Pentium 233 laptop with 64 meg of ram and it did just fine, a little slow on the refresh and frame opening, but it is otherwise the same as before.

I didn't post this or commit it to the ecucontrol sourceforge project because I didn't want to overwrite anything or blow away files that I deleted to get this all to work.. but I'll commit or if someone wants to commit on my behalf with the approval of the mods, go for it.

Last edited by sanimalp on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:12 am 

There is a 'Branch' Feature in Sourceforge to do Exactly that... create a separate branch for development where you need to make changes that could affect other development.

At a later time, you can 'Merge' back to the main source after you work around those proprietary issues and other things as they get worked out and stabilized.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:46 pm 

[quote="sanimalp" i like it. and as always, the *nix and mac people cant use it.. sorry..[/quote]

you never heard of MONO then. ;)
http://www.mono-project.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:53 pm 

well so much for that... i hope it works for you :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:54 pm 

Does any one have a backup of the source? Been looking all day and havnt been able to find any links that are still alive.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:57 pm 

I have a backup available on my web server. It can be found at:

http://mycomputerninja.com/~jon/ECUControl5_Net.zip

I believe that package has both the source and the installable.

I also updated the original announcement post to include the new path. Hopefully it stays that exact path for a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:03 am 

Anyone know how to set up the dev environment for this? I downloaded VS 2010 Express but can't get it to build.

Code:
Error   5   Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.StdType, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.   C:\Users\Joseph\Downloads\ECUControl5_Net\tozip\EcuControl5dotNETsource\AXIMP   EcuControl5.Net

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:46 pm 

josephcmiller2 wrote:
Anyone know how to set up the dev environment for this? I downloaded VS 2010 Express but can't get it to build.

Code:
Error   5   Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.StdType, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.   C:\Users\Joseph\Downloads\ECUControl5_Net\tozip\EcuControl5dotNETsource\AXIMP   EcuControl5.Net

Never mind, can't be built with Visual Studio without a lot of mods.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 am 

I don't see the screen shot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:54 pm 

guest0001 wrote:
I don't see the screen shot.

Maybe the link has been removed, it has been 7 years...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:06 pm 

DERRRRR, I'm a dumbass. I never pay attention to posts dates.