pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:05 pm 

Already tried that. No worky :/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:59 pm 

steinar wrote:
I and D doesnt work in 2d mode (at least not here). And I cant move arond in the graphs with arow keys either. I have no idea what it takes to make it work, but it would be a lot easier to work in 2d mode :)

the I and D does work in 2d view, but only once. it will work again if you keep reselecting that same spot again.

so to make them work more than once would be sweet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 pm 

finishing up some new stuff to bring this out of the stoneage, i'll post some screenshots when i get a chance.

hoping to be done soon, but have a few personal things coming up that may delay it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:32 am 

Hey man you down for some negitive -35 timing levels and maybe some boost generator type stuff ill throw some $$$ towards some devolopment, OBD0 Will never die....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:58 pm 

I have a HUGE wish for turboedit. Really seems doable tho. Anyway to make a gear dependant output via the A/C or Auto solenoid outputs? Could be used for Gear dependant boost controller, Or for multiple stage nitrous setups.
I'm guessing we would have to enter gear ratios for the trans used.

Or if thats too complicated a simple mph based output?

Would be awesome for us high boost guys to get some traction on the cheap. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:20 pm 

*sighs*

Did you know that EVERY car come with traction and boost control? It's called your right foot.

Doing boost by gear is very complicated. You don't just have a 12V signal for BBG. You need PWM output, and while it is theoretically possible, it is not likely anytime soon. Until then, use your right foot?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:09 am 

Actually I was thinking of just a low boost to high boost switch to run two separate boost levels, activated by a ground or power output from the ecu via the a/c or auto solenoid, when you hit a certain gear. Maybe this isn't actually the same as boost by gear sorry for the confusion. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard as the gear could be calculated using mph and rpm, then trigger a ground (or power) from the ecu on the a/c or auto solenoid, starting at whichever gear the user picks.

I'm sure alot of people could get good use out of this function.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:13 am 

ok. That makes more sense. It can easily be done with the vtec output and the cel shift light output, currently.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:45 pm 

It can be done with TEv3.2.2 and NG63? If so, how can I set this up?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:23 pm 

Yeah. It can. You have two outputs to use. Well, three. AC line, if you have no ac, Auto tranny lockup solenoid, if you use a PS9 or convert a PM6, or the CEL shift light control.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:27 pm 

Ok, I have a ps9 and was gonna use the a/c for vtec. I still would have the auto solenoid output left, but how would I actually set it in TE to come on, Say I wanted it to come on in 3rd gear and stay on in 4th and 5th?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:41 pm 

I'm not sure you can do it with VTEC.

You'd have to do some hex editing if you want to do it based on the gear. You would have to make a new look up table to read the memory byte for the calculated gear, and then based on the settings, activated the Auto lockup solenoid. I suppose that's a bit more complicated than what TE allows at the moment.

You could at the very least start off with low boost at low RPM and allow higher boost at higher RPM. That's a step in the right direction. I apologize for getting your hopes up for making it seem easier than it was to do what you want.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:53 pm 

Its ok, I was pretty sure it would have to have some coding with it, Almost everything seemed to be there for it to work though, so it didn't seem to far fetched.

I'm pretty sure that a vehicle speed based on/off output wouldn't be too hard to write code for, basically, if over a certain speed turn on output whatever. I might look into this and if I can get it working maybe then someone can write it into TE as an option.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:40 pm 

funny, I'm actually in the middle of rewriting the ac/auto output functions to turn on/off based on an upper and lower threshold of the IAT, ECT, RPM, MAP, VSS, TPS, etc values. Maybe I can try adding something to do with drive gear...let me think about it for a little bit... :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:16 pm 

PRETTTTTYYYY PWEEEEEZEEEEE!!!! :mrgreen:

Even just with the vss would be great!
Will we be able to use both outputs simultaneously? Like one for vtec and the other for something else?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next