pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:10 pm 

For all those that use, want to develop on, or are just interested in Turbo Edit, please list all the features you'd like to see, or changes made. This will help the dev team address devlopment issues.

-Sean

Last edited by NZero on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:13 am 

I will like to see 2 "VTEC" settings
a AUTO line control, and a separate A/C line control

so people like me with a PS9 can use the AUTO line for VTEC and the AC line for something else... like alcohol or water injection, or N20
:wink:

maybe a way to select 1 or the other or maybe both depending on the use we want for it

maybe dave can work with a bin that has the 2 settings available on them

maybe like this:, heres a rough idea

Attachments:
TEVTECoptions.JPG
TEVTECoptions.JPG [ 42.32 KiB | Viewed 47501 times ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:01 pm 

- Full Throttle Shifting implemented
- Get the bugs worked out of the Dual Table VTEC stuffs
- RTP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:23 pm 
Senior Developer

RTP via romulator / ostrich was working I thought. If not, definately should get fixed / added.
Other forms of RTP will not be addressed at this time - there are too many other things to fix in the ROM unless someone with extensive 8051 assembly AND C/VB (for pc side serial code) experience wants to volunteer.

FTS I can look into more.

The vtec stuff... I need a month or two to dig in the code, volunteers to help with the assembly would make me really happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:55 pm 

blundar wrote:
RTP via romulator / ostrich was working I thought. If not, definately should get fixed / added.
Other forms of RTP will not be addressed at this time - there are too many other things to fix in the ROM unless someone with extensive 8051 assembly AND C/VB (for pc side serial code) experience wants to volunteer.

FTS I can look into more.

The vtec stuff... I need a month or two to dig in the code, volunteers to help with the assembly would make me really happy.

FTS should be at the top of the list I think.

Other forms of RTP was what I was aiming at, point me in the right direction for learning code and I'll get started :lol:

Assembly, well, again the coding thing is holding me back, I think it's high time I started learning though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:56 pm 
FTS is hardly an essential priority. RTP with Ostrich works very well, other than rev limiters. The other forms of 'RTP' dont work on OBD1 let alone OBD0.

Id like to see a better understanding of the MAP scalars such that the map trace columns are relevant to what the MAP sensor is reading. (my NG55 skips between 6 and 6.8 even thou the boost guage and the MAP sensor in ECU control says 5.2psi. and a NA car tend to highlight the 1.1 column at WOT

Map trace in turboEdit would be awesome along with an update feature than allows ignition and fuel to be increased or decreased for the current 4 cell load site using interpolation. However at the moment I and D to adjust the values is VERY slow when RTP is active. :D

I would have thought there ECT and IAT somewhere too :o

Im more of a tester/ Mech. engineer than a coder/programmer :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:35 pm 

johnny...when you tralking about datalogging with truboedit ect are you talking about ecucontrol plugin for turboedit or the standalone app b.c i may just take away OBD0 from my ecucontrol revision and make it purely obd1 only and if you wanna use obd0 datalogging you just use the turboedit plugin since everyone editing with obd0 is most likely using turboedit anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:20 am 
Yeah sorry the plugin. Thing is that IMO OBD0 is the part that needs the work, OBD1 has other options for datalogging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:26 pm 

alright thats cool ill redo some thigns in the plugin then...how about a little list of thingz that was wrong before and things you want and ill get right on it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:10 pm 
Map trace in turboedit would be the daddy :lol:

I think of the best ways to tune the car on a dyno is with a good piece of software integrating datalogging and realtime update.

ill need to get back up with speed with NG60 and see how the MAP header shows up with the raw data. Thats the first point to address IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:18 pm 

as far as i knew the datalogger plugin for turboedit had maptrace and it worked. sorry if i dont understand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:51 am 
It does have maptrace working fine. Its rather long winded to use tho as you have to keep comparing two seperate windows which can be a pain in the ass. So yes ECUCONTROL has maptrace, but Turboedit itself doesnt the fuel and ignition tables have no indication of which cells are being used.

The Turboedit plugin is just a shortcut as such to a slightly different version of ECUControl, its not really a plugin as such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:14 pm 

ok so say the plugin....it maptraces, your done and your looking at the AFR for your WOT run. you see some cells you want to alter. how about if you select that cell and hit say. control + uparrow and it would change that cell within the turboedit fuel map by 1% and that would be changeable or something similar. unless you can throw an idea of exactly how you want it. personally myself i like how Luti's macosx editor/logger looks. i think having the fuel and ignition maps in the same window and having the datalogger and such pull from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:29 pm 
Okay heres how id like it...

Exactly like every other maptrace feature works on other software, ie CromePro. :lol:

Turboedit has no indication at all of the map trace, the map trace on the Turboedit plugin is simply a purple cell on a grid with turboedit columns and row headers BUT its in ECU control.

Id prefer a tool for part throttle tuning etc on a dyno where the software tracks the load site and you make adjustments to fuel and ignition and to move around the map you use your right foot and the dyno rom control, much like a pot box. WOT tuning is easy and doesnt really need much datalogging at all IMO.

Im open to testing out any ideas you guy have though, i just think turboedit suffers with tuning at the moment due to a lack of clarity in the user interface, it requires intense concentration to keep track of whats happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:55 pm 

understood...how about a screenshot of exactly what cromepro looks like doing this just b.c i dont have it so i understand you to a point but a picture is worth a thousand words ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next