pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:15 pm 

fastcrxsi90, i sent you some money! my paypal is walterronny@gmail.com .

Thx a lot and i hope that little money helps you a bit :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:48 pm 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:

barry wrote:
with that bein said all i can say is wow...um where can i make a donation?

you can send directly to me or to pgmfi.org. currently i still am in the hole from buying a version of vb6 ($200 [vb6] - $106 [donations] - $? [paypal fees])...not to mention my time. if i ever pay for vb6, then i would split donations with the site. its quite obvious im not going to quit my job to do this any time soon :roll:

Ef8sirJunkie wrote:
Fastcrxsi90, i Love the work your doing with TE. If i was a coder i would help you out but im not so the best i can do is be a tester for one of my old favorite programs. cant await those releases. so when TE can live log you will be working on a Auto tune code? if and when you code for that can you set it up kinda like BRE where you dont need to hold the command but simply set the autotune and cruise around tuning part throttle, with out the need of a driver or passenger to push cntrl a etc. Also i have used TE on my car for 1.5years before going to obd1 but i never did get the concept of the NG codes. what are the differences? can you use any NG code or are they specific.

an autotune can easily be added to ecucontrol...it would just be a timer that would update unblocked cells automatically. the ng code is just an official version of a development rom. its basically a stock rom with added features, the higher the # (ng55, vs ng63) the newer it is an should have added features or fixes.

I thought when reading a few post back that you were going to enable a code to datalog with in TE. if we could do some Autotune like that would be perfect for TE. Is there any thoughts of an alternate WB input for a better 5v solution. I be leave i had problems with my PLX because the stock 02 is only 3.83v. I will send you a donation as i get some Cash income lol but i want TE to succeed as the best OBD-0 source.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:42 pm 

ive been trying to get one of the o.g's back on here chris at xenocron has been getting intrested in the obd0 tuning scene again :D
so all we can do is sit and wait! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:41 pm 

i hope that new release bro! i need asap ELD at least!!!! :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm 

A few suggested improvements for easier use:

2D Maps
I think it would be helpful to be able to click and drag points on the 2d map to make adjustments.
I know it lets you double click it and type in a value, but this might save time and be easier.
Also, being able to select multiple cells in the tables and have them highlighted in the graphs would be cool. - That way we could see what we are working with, without having to look for the load and rpm placement.

Tables
An option to show and hide boost levels would be awesome. Since I am using TE to tune a NA motor, having the unused portions of the table is useless / kind of annoying. If I could hide this, I could declutter the 2D maps and make it much easier to read :-)

TE
Up and Down "Arrow" buttons to increase selected cells without having to use the keyboard would help me, perhaps others too. It is much easier to do everything by the mouse pad than the keyboard.

Hopefully these suggestions are both easy to make and beneficial to others.

fastcrxsi90: Please contact me about sending you my Romulator for testing / fixing the RTP coding. Has Transtronics given you any useful information?
:-)

- Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:20 pm 

move over wrote:
2D Maps
I think it would be helpful to be able to click and drag points on the 2d map to make adjustments.
I know it lets you double click it and type in a value, but this might save time and be easier.
Also, being able to select multiple cells in the tables and have them highlighted in the graphs would be cool. - That way we could see what we are working with, without having to look for the load and rpm placement.

i agree. im using for freebie mschart control for the graphs...so im somewhat limited, but i will work on making the points slidable. if anyone finds any sample code on how to do this thru vb6, let me know.
move over wrote:
Tables
An option to show and hide boost levels would be awesome. Since I am using TE to tune a NA motor, having the unused portions of the table is useless / kind of annoying. If I could hide this, I could declutter the 2D maps and make it much easier to read :-)

i disabled the 15 or 30 column view because of the issues with not being able to see the first column of boost...and if i change it to show 16 columns TE goes crazy with errors that i will have to diagnose. in the mean time, just select columns 17-30, right click, edit region and set all fuel values to 1.08 and all spark values to 0...then the graphs are less cluttered.
move over wrote:
TE
Up and Down "Arrow" buttons to increase selected cells without having to use the keyboard would help me, perhaps others too. It is much easier to do everything by the mouse pad than the keyboard.
currently the up/down arrows move between cells and I and D are used to to Increase and Decrease. i will look into what needs to be done to set this to a preference.

move over wrote:
fastcrxsi90: Please contact me about sending you my Romulator for testing / fixing the RTP coding. Has Transtronics given you any useful information?
i will PM you in the AM...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:46 pm 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:
TE
currently the up/down arrows move between cells and I and D are used to to Increase and Decrease. i will look into what needs to be done to set this to a preference.quote]

What I was trying to describe were clickable buttons. One showing a down arrow and one with an up arrow. I was thinking about having this up on the TE toolbar area around where the RTP button or graph buttons are located.

I myself don't have a desire to use the up and down keyboard arrows, but extra options / features are always nice :-P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:54 pm 

move over wrote:
What I was trying to describe were clickable buttons. One showing a down arrow and one with an up arrow. I was thinking about having this up on the TE toolbar area around where the RTP button or graph buttons are located.

I myself don't have a desire to use the up and down keyboard arrows, but extra options / features are always nice :-P

gotcha! look for it in about a week...i've got a few other tweaks to make, then i will post another update.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm 

- Anti Lag
- support omnipower map sensor

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:44 pm 

Somekind of timing retard for launch control (more boost from stop)
I dont know if its possible but id like to datalog with ecucontrol real ignition timing to the sensor trace map. I have now afr and another table has ECT, but would be great to see how much timings are really when boosting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:00 pm 

just downloaded the newest version of te from here(pgmfi)
some problems

when opening the rom properties folder, i can't view the whole box, or resize to my desire, can only minimize or close.
edit:after dicking around a lil bit more, i found out i can see just about the entire box, ONLY if i hide the tool bar

also can't enter in a value for the idle speed.
Open TE = open rom = View-un check tool bar = File-Rom Properties = Rev Limit,
i can enter values for hot, and cold, but in the idle speed (rpm) box, there is no value present

i have crossed referenced this dilemia with multiple bins right from the pgmfi library and some of the bins don't even allow that option to open.
i am somewhat new to this but looking for an answer please

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 am 

First of all I have to say thanks for this awesome piece of software! I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but I am loving it so far :)

I dont know how you guys usually does the tuning, but I often use the 2d section when I edit to get the map as smooth as possible. In the other software I have used, I can just move the highlighted part of the map around with the arrow keys and press a button to decrease or increase. With turboedit I have to do everything with the mous, which takes a bit longer than nescessary when I'm sitting in the car and using the mouse pad. If it would have been possible to do it with arrow keys and "I" and "D" it would make it a lot faster :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:19 am 

Nuebie-

You have to set the revlimits in the extra tables plugin witth NG63. There is no actual in bin idle control (yet).

Steinar, you can use the I and D keys to raise and lower highlighted values on the table. You can't do that in the 3D tables, but I don't use them for major changes, just to verify that everything is decent and for final tweaks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:18 am 

The Acid Beaver wrote:
Steinar, you can use the I and D keys to raise and lower highlighted values on the table. You can't do that in the 3D tables, but I don't use them for major changes, just to verify that everything is decent and for final tweaks.

I and D doesnt work in 2d mode (at least not here). And I cant move arond in the graphs with arow keys either. I have no idea what it takes to make it work, but it would be a lot easier to work in 2d mode :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:14 pm 

You may want to try setting up a separate user on your computer and setting all the language locations to US English and see if that works for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next