pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:26 am 

Weird. I am going to have to try that now . . .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:19 pm 

How about adding a feature in ECU control: MPG Gauge/display.
This could be calculated from the VSS sensor and the current injector pulsewidth. Am i right?
So We colud see the current fuel consumption in real time. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:48 pm 

It's a bit more complicated than that, and until we can log pulse width, no BSFC calculations can be made accurately without measuring the fuel consumption directly and accurately.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 pm 

Could we have an up and down button that can be used to change fuel values from within ECU Control, directly to the tables in TE?

When using the Plug-in for TE, the only thing I noticed was selecting cells that had been logged, then right clicking and selecting "adjust cells" or whatever the wording is. However, using this feature adjusts the cells to whatever ECU Control says the value should be, not necessarily user defined.

The reason I would like this is: when building our basemap, we were having to load the engine gradually and make changes, then repeat the process. What I noticed is that in order to make changes to cells that had not been hit and had a recorded AFR, I had to flip back to TE to make a blanket change. (unfortunately we couldn't use autotune- probably because of the issues with the Romulator and lack of RTP ability).

I was just trying to think of a way to make this work more like Crome or Hondata and have less flipping back and forth.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:32 pm 

I noticed in the new release, a fix for fuel multipliers was applied.
- can you elaberate on what was fixed?

Even with the newest release and NG63, for some colums, if I try to adjust the cells too high, it will top out and not allow any further adjustment without first changing the fuel multiplier for those cells. Maybe it is just me, but I am not good at estimating what the multipliers need to be for certain columns to allow plenty of "room" while tuning.

Is there any way we can have a self adjusting multiplier? I was thinking that a self scaling / adjusting multiplier would be awesome so that once the values in a particular colum or cell were topped out, it would automatically change the multiplier (and fuel value) to allow higher values in those cells.

My idea behind this is to prevent us from screwing up the fuel multiplier adjustments.

- Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:10 pm 

move over wrote:
I noticed in the new release, a fix for fuel multipliers was applied.
- can you elaberate on what was fixed?

Even with the newest release and NG63, for some colums, if I try to adjust the cells too high, it will top out and not allow any further adjustment without first changing the fuel multiplier for those cells. Maybe it is just me, but I am not good at estimating what the multipliers need to be for certain columns to allow plenty of "room" while tuning.

Is there any way we can have a self adjusting multiplier? I was thinking that a self scaling / adjusting multiplier would be awesome so that once the values in a particular colum or cell were topped out, it would automatically change the multiplier (and fuel value) to allow higher values in those cells.

My idea behind this is to prevent us from screwing up the fuel multiplier adjustments.

- Kevin

starting with TE 3.2.1, if the "auto fuel multiplier" option is on the column fuel multiplier is used for the largest column fuel value. as fuel values are increased or decreased, each fuel value in that particular column is "looked at" and the fuel multiplier is increased or decreased as necessary...and if it changes then all the fuel values on the rom actually have to change in order to keep the same pulsewidth. look HERE for a chart showing possible pulsewidths for each column multiplier. there was originally calculations for a multiplier of 0-4, and i've left it like that because anything higher than that and you will run out of duty cycle fast. 0-4 is all that will be used...

if you have "auto fuel multiplier" off and edit your own stuff...do yourself a favor and keep it between 0-4. anything higher and it still uses a multiplier of 4 for the calculations, TE 3.2.2 will fix this issue.

so to answer your question...set the "auto fuel multiplier" in settings to on, then you can just forget that they even exist. hope that makes sense...

*edit... to clarify, the auto fuel multiplier feature was always there...but some unknown bugs were fixed and it was made to work during emulation for TE 3.2.1 :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:28 pm 

Thank you! I didn't see that setting in the options when looking around for it!

This should solve a major issue I was having :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:53 am 

Is there any way to get the dynamometer to work? Not sure if I have done everything correct, but I cant get it to work... I mean I know the numbers wont be accurate, and peak numbers doesnt matter that much anyway, but I've always been curious if it is possible to get a usable torque curve out of the vss and/or rpm signal. If it works it would have been a kickass tool for those of us that is street tuning mild setups that still have traction in safe speeds :) If you can make it work it could be a good reason to choose obd0 before obd1 ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:35 pm 

I haven't ever used it. Are all of your sensors working? I think you may have to have a clutch switch, too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:37 pm 

you dont need a clutch switch. it used to work in a previous version i had about 2 years ago. it also displayed a current hp and trq in the live display view

be good to get it working again

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 pm 

How about a 0-60 timer - or a timer that is selectable (e.g., 0-60, 0-80, 0-???, etc.)?

Kirk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 pm 

WinCE 5/6 standalone Version like HOBDrive for use in a 2Din Radio :-)