pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:01 pm 

kablammyman wrote:
I did some data logging today.

1) there seems to be some erratic values being recorded in the map trace. For example, it got some wierd values for 7psi and some values for 7200 rpm...I got not higher than 5k rpm and 1psi of boost.

2) what happened to the option to have ecuControl adjust the fuel maps directly with a right click? Also, the "percentage" difference in afrs (form what was recorded compared to the ideal afr)dont seem to work anymore either. The "new fuel value" tab's table doesn't populate either.

3) The ignition values dont seem to change...they all seem to be 186. However, I'm not sure what its supposed to say

4) If the connection is interrupted, there is no graceful exception handling...I wasn't able to save all the data i logged (the save as function didnt respond) , I also could not reconnect and restart my data logging

1. not sure whats causing the erratic values...

2. the "autotune" is in the new fuel tab, go to settings and make sure that the calculations are turned on. they've always worked on my computers...so if you can save the map trace stuff, or post screen shots i can look into the math.

3. i have an unreleased update that has real timing/fuel values...ill send you a PM.

4. these are great suggestions...when i have the time to get back into ecucontrol, i will make sure to either work on the error handling (which i agree sucks) or rewrite the entire thing into some kind of a scriptable logger that everyone could use.
i've been working on the new version of TE, an extra tables plugin, the NG63 codebase and a completely new customizable version of a logworks virtual device (besides working overtime and having a newborn in the house)...i just havent put much time into ecucontrol (mostly because i stopped using it for the semi stable logworks3).

Attachments:
EC autotune.JPG
EC autotune.JPG [ 178.29 KiB | Viewed 13925 times ]
EC settings.JPG
EC settings.JPG [ 36.07 KiB | Viewed 13925 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm 

Since I was having some issues with my win7 laptop (its going to back best buy today) I borrowed my gf's work laptop. It is running windows xp, so turboEdit pro installed and works fine.

However, I still had to install the ecuControl stand alone program before datalogging would work (same issue of after installing the plug in, it still wouldn't start but there was no errors) Also, trying to open the ifo files casues wierd random chars in the string...so i get eh annoying "please input a number" pop up after trying to load the file. I then i have to remove the random chars and clean up the input. Both comps were running TE pro, its just that the ifo was made on my desktop, and i tried to use that file i made on my laptop.

Anyway, Once I got it running, I tried to datalog with it, and it would map trace for a few secs, but the cell that was being modifed was the faaaaar right bottom corner (11psi at 7200 rpm)...it did that, then stopped logging all together. My orignal win7 laptop did the same exact thing before i gave up on it. Maybe my HULOG datalogging cable is to blame...I need to examine the hardware under the seat, but Im tired of dealing with it for now.

This is all strange since I was datalogging fine a few days ago...this is probably the same issue with the erratic values I was recording. Hmmm, probably a hardware error on my part.

anyway, just a heads up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:21 am 

I personally am not able to run the ECU control plugin in TE. I installed all the latest installers from the top of lists. Installed the standalone ECU control. nothing.

Last time my car was running and I was tuning it stop working all together on my laptop too (I'm on another desktop now).

I remember having to register files, does the new installers eliminate that? I don't that driver for the datalog cable installed on this computer, but that shouldn't matter just to open the app. right? oh, and I have XP SP2. what are people doing that are having no problems???????

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 am 

You still have to register files.
Have a look here. viewtopic.php?p=123081#p123081

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:28 pm 

you might also need logworks installed.

I was having issues with ecu control plugin not working until i installed logworks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:59 am 

windows is saying that the specified module can not be found. I rechecked the file path and spelling. I even copied and pasted the linked post.

never mind I got it to work. I search windows for the file and typed in the exact path it found. I dunno, I must have misspelled something...