pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Connection problems
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:02 pm 

Hi!

Just tried out Turboedit for the first time. I am familiar with Crome since before, and my ostrich and datalogging Cable are working fine with crome. I have the same com port settings and so on in Turboedit as the device manager. At first, I got connection with the Ostrich, and I could "burn" directly from Turboedit to the ostrich as you are supposed to do. But, when I open the ECU Control plugin, and try to connect I get a error message: "Com port 6 is not available" or something like that. But I have the datalogging Cable to com port 6 in both Turboedit and device manager. Then I tried to change a little in the com ports in the device manager, and tried to datalog again in Turboedit and it worked!!
Perfect, I thought. But now the Ostrich is no longer connected and I can't connect it again at all? I get a message that says "CommX error - There are no available comm ports on this computer" ?

I am using 2(!) of the 9 com ports on the computer, I don't get it. I have the latest versions of both Turboedit and ECU Control.

Should I try with a older version of Turboedit or something?

Thanks in advance. Best regards, Jim.

Post subject: Re: Connection problems
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 am 

haven't heard of anyone having that issue before?!?! when you open the ecucontrol plugin there should be a list of available COM ports on the innovate tab, if they are available but won't connect them I'll have to look into that one. are you using xp, vista, win 7 or 8? if all else fails I have some other software you can try out...

Post subject: Re: Connection problems
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:34 pm 

First, restart your computer. before you open TE, plug in both devices and verify they are recognized in device manager. If you get a balloon saying "installing drivers" wait until it's done before you open TE.
Tools - Options - RTP - Ostrich, 920k baud, use COM 2-9.
Be sure the advanced driver setting is at 1ms latency instead of 16.
Datalogging = 38400 baud, I have good success with COM 4.
Be sure you're using the current NG63 rom or it probably won't communicate with the hulog.
If you have a bluetooth port, disable it. Sometimes this interferes with the drivers.
Be sure you're using the latest FTDI drivers (currently CDM 2.08.14) and have the old ones removed from your computer. Older versions may work with Crome but not in TE.
If you still have trouble it may be an ecucontrol registry issue or .net version conflict.