pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:28 pm 

Alright, a friend and I worked together and interpolated PM6 maps into NG63 maps using Matlab. I have a couple different interpolations, spline, linear and a combo of the two. The linear interpolation seems to function the best. However when I was testing it out noticed something wasn't right and thought it was something that we did wrong, turns out when the cells were input into TE they didn't copy exactly the same, found the problem to be that there seems to be a limit on the fuel. Ignition doesn't seem to have the problem.

On the fuel 2779,-2.98 for example I can't input anything higher than 5.96, if I do it just goes back to 5.96, I can press d and it goes down, i and it goes up until it gets to 5.96 then stops

Any ideas? Also my wideband gauge MTX-L doesn't seem to match up with EC, same with the vac/boost gauge and EC...

Thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. If we get it all sorted I will gladly upload the finished map, it'd be awesome to have a bone stock NG63 version of the PM6 maps.

TJ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:08 pm 

go to Tools>Options>General and check auto detect fuel multipliers. column fuel multipliers is a feature that was added back in the day, I personally don't think there is even a reason to know they exist.

if you have a multiplier set to 2, your fuel value is capped at 5.96. if you set to auto detect, it will adjust the multiplier to your max column value. :wink:

please, post back if that was the problem or not...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:41 pm 

That fixed it! Thanks.

Can you go more in depth on the explanation or point me in the right direction to read about it? Learning it all by a lot of research and trial by fire.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:20 pm 

here is one thing to read on column fuel multipliers: http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19506#p119468

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:57 pm 

Appreciate it, I'll read that over.

Any insight on the mismatch in gauge readings and the EC readings? The gauges are a MTX-L and Prosport Performance series electric vacuum/boost gauge. The Prosport red-ign and white-ign wires are tapped into the MTX-L Red-ign and then the MTX-L red wire is ran out to pin A15 the computer. The Prosport Black-gnd wire is tapped into the MTX-L Black-gnd and then the MTX-L black wire is ran out to pin A2 on the computer. The Prosport Orange-headlight+ wire is tapped into the MTX-L White-headlight+ wire and will be ran out to the red/blue headlight, but isn't currently hooked up.
I've attached a diagram, used gray for white so that you could see it. Excuse the crappy drawing, hard to make it with a touch pad on a laptop.

Again the gauge readings don't match up with that EC is displaying...

TJ

Attachments:
90 CRX Si wiring diagram.png
90 CRX Si wiring diagram.png [ 10.06 KiB | Viewed 21361 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:22 pm 

make sure that your analog output from the mtx is connected to the correct pin. make sure the settings (min/max voltage and afr) in ecucontrol match that of the mtx.

what gauges are incorrect? lambda, vacuum, etc???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:50 pm 

How are you grounding the Wideband?

Also, if you aren't serial logging the wideband output, you are going to get a very laggy signal. Serial logging is faster and more accurate as you don't have to worry about voltage offsets effecting the wideband reading, at least not as much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:35 pm 

Sorry for the super late response life has gotten really busy. The MTX is wired into the correct pin, C16, and the settings in EC match the MTX. The readings on both gauges, lambda and vacuum, don't match up to what is displayed in EC.

The Prosport is tee'd into the MTX and then the MTX is tee'd into the ground at pin A2 at the ECU. It's wideband output was wired into pin C16 at the ECU.

And I quickly switched over to serial logging since I didn't like how the numbers were looking, way better, lol.
It'd still be nice to have the numbers match up. The vacuum gauge has no input to the ECU and its readings are about 5psi off of what is displayed in EC. I currently have a stock PM6 chip in and the MTX wired up with it's narrow band output to pin C16, my sister was borrowing the car while I worked on her's and I haven't gotten around to fiddling with it again, just DD'ing it.

Thanks in advance for any insight
TJ