pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turboedit + PM6
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:13 pm 

Hello all,

I'm new here but am in a atrocious time crunch. Any help you all could give me would be so graeatly appreciated... Here is my situation:
1. D16a6 motor - skunk2 IM, matched tb, three angle valve job, gude stage2 cam, dc header, open exhaust.
2. Road racing purpose only.
3. I had hondata and made 138hp... however, for racing class specifications, I need to bump down to an obd0 ecu.

My tuner/dynoshop is quite good at tuning with Hondata... However, going backwards to something like turboedit is completely foreign to both of us. I am looking to at least match my peak hp with this obd0 ecu.

Wednesday, we worked with turboedit 2.6.1 (downloaded from xenocron) and burn2. After getting the ability to do basic building/new maps we realized that there should be better ways to do this... After taking a break from the day I went ahead and ordered the ostrich2.0 and hulog from xenocron. I'm hoping that these tools will allow us to be more efficient with our tuning ability. (At least something closer to hondata for him at least).

I have my next dyno session Monday and the races are coming up soon (< 2 weeks)...

After reading numerous posts from this site I am looking for a positive direction on how to approach Monday as far as assisting my tuner in getting this done. My laptop is win7 /64.

So far from what I've read:
1. 2.6.1 is hillaciously out of date.
2. Disabling the PM6 o2 sensor on a stock bin is not very formidable with a stock bin.

My question to you all is, what version of Turboedit do you suggest I run? And are there any available maps that you would suggest I run to give us a slight lead ahead of the curve for us? I would like to at least work with a disabled o2, 8k (or disabled) revlimiter, and no speedlimiter (If there is one). Thank you all so much for any assistance you may give. And if there is anyone within the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, I would be willing to compensate you for your time if you were interested in coming down to tune/teach me.

Thank you again

Post subject: Re: Turboedit + PM6
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:02 pm 

xsnsx wrote:
However, going backwards to something like turboedit is completely foreign to both of us.
:roll:

xsnsx wrote:
Wednesday, we worked with turboedit 2.6.1 (downloaded from xenocron) and burn2. After getting the ability to do basic building/new maps we realized that there should be better ways to do this... After taking a break from the day I went ahead and ordered the ostrich2.0 and hulog from xenocron. I'm hoping that these tools will allow us to be more efficient with our tuning ability. (At least something closer to hondata for him at least).

I have my next dyno session Monday and the races are coming up soon (< 2 weeks)...

After reading numerous posts from this site I am looking for a positive direction on how to approach Monday as far as assisting my tuner in getting this done. My laptop is win7 /64.

So far from what I've read:
1. 2.6.1 is hillaciously out of date.
2. Disabling the PM6 o2 sensor on a stock bin is not very formidable with a stock bin.

My question to you all is, what version of Turboedit do you suggest I run? And are there any available maps that you would suggest I run to give us a slight lead ahead of the curve for us? I would like to at least work with a disabled o2, 8k (or disabled) revlimiter, and no speedlimiter (If there is one). Thank you all so much for any assistance you may give. And if there is anyone within the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, I would be willing to compensate you for your time if you were interested in coming down to tune/teach me.

Thank you again

TE 2.6.1 is probably 6 years old...don't use it. A stock PM6 rom will get you no-where fast, you need to use a PM6 based development rom. Unlike the obd1 stuff (ie. crome), obd0 uses a development rom instead of patching the stock code with "extras".

I would recommend the following:
TE 3.2.2: http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=15233 & http://honda-perf.net/turboedit/TurboEDIT%203.2.2%20Full%20Install.exe
Extra Tables: http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=20341 download the file and the newest handler
ng62 rom: http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17811

there is an ng63 version, but we are working on clearing up a false 7.4k revlimit...so it won't work with your 8k requirement. http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20342

Since the program is based on vb6, lets hope there are no issues with win7/64...if so, post up any problems you run into.

Post subject: Re: Turboedit + PM6
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 pm 

thank you for your prompt response. I'll get working on this stuff tonight and will hopefully have some feedback for you soon.

-xavier