pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 pm 

Anywhere it has 18*, replace with 12*. you may have to smooth out the transitions to the rest of the map by about 2K RPMs, but that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:16 pm 

Did a little driving on the map this afternoon. As is, the boost region was pretty lean, 15:1 ish, So I richened it up a bit and getting close to 12:1 now. Getting some bucking and skipping on some part throttle areas, will have to mess with that some more when I get a chance.

How accurate is the injector duty cycle in turboedit? According to the map I would be at 100% duty cycle at 20 psi. 880cc injectors should be good up to 500 hp or more. At 20 psi I shouldn't be anywhere near that unless I built a miracle motor of some sort.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:46 pm 

Also, when I'm logging to file, is there anyway I can input my wideband so that it logs as well? I'm using the innovate lc1 and can read it in ecucontrol under the innovate channels and in the map trace, but I would like to look at the log files as it seems more precise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:24 pm 

90zcrex wrote:
Did a little driving on the map this afternoon. As is, the boost region was pretty lean, 15:1 ish, So I richened it up a bit and getting close to 12:1 now. Getting some bucking and skipping on some part throttle areas, will have to mess with that some more when I get a chance.

How accurate is the injector duty cycle in turboedit? According to the map I would be at 100% duty cycle at 20 psi. 880cc injectors should be good up to 500 hp or more. At 20 psi I shouldn't be anywhere near that unless I built a miracle motor of some sort.

It's accurate enough for injectors up to about 450cc. I really wouldn't bother paying too much attention to the duty cycle.

How is it idling now?

You should be able to set ECUControl to log the wideband input. I was fair sure it did so automatically.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 am 

It idles pretty decent. I still have yet to set the base timing and wire up vtec, I'll probably get that done this weekend.
As for the wideband input, I'm thinking I need to run the wideband analog output to the stock O2 sensor input on the ecu and log it that way instead of using the innovate channel.

Getting pretty excited as I finally got to feel some boost. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:43 am 

Cool! Would you mind posting the bn you are running? I am curious to see the changes you've made.

If you have the innovative channel working, why not just run logworks? Overall, it's better than EC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:07 am 

I am not excatly sure how to get the logworks program to datalog the ecu? I have the wideband working in logworks, but how do I get rpm, map, etc. I have the plugin for TE, but I don't see any datalogging features in it?

** edit, Nvmnd. I think I found it. I need to connect TE and the plugin, then open the standalone logworks and my channels should be there. I will try this out tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:28 am 

Yup. That's exactly it. =)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:39 pm 

Oh, and here is the basemap you made with a small amount of changes. I think most of the changes were just adding fuel in the boost region around 3-10 psi. Havn't done any smoothing to the rest of the map yet.

Attachments:
880cc_basemap.bin [32 KiB]
Downloaded 800 times
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:12 pm 

90zcrex wrote:
I am not excatly sure how to get the logworks program to datalog the ecu? I have the wideband working in logworks, but how do I get rpm, map, etc. I have the plugin for TE, but I don't see any datalogging features in it?

** edit, Nvmnd. I think I found it. I need to connect TE and the plugin, then open the standalone logworks and my channels should be there. I will try this out tonight.

if you want something with a little more data than the plugin, let me know...I have something else that may work for you. it will log some additional parameters that may help get your basemap sorted out. something I wrote a few years ago, and have since abandoned; but it has always worked perfectly for me.

check out this thread: http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-management/147429-anyone-using-logworks-3-0-a.html#post2313752

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:43 pm 

I went ahead and wired up vtec and also wired in the wideband to the ecu o2 sensor input. I can now read afr in ecucontrol and datalog it.

I tried out the logworks and for the most part everything is work except for the map sensor will not read. It will not read in the logworks plugin either. I can open up ecucontrol and it works fine. Not sure if there is a programming error there or what, maybe something to do with reading the gm 3bar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:45 pm 

LOL at the 880cc injectors!

I had trouble with my car starting up and mine were just 360cc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:55 am 

Are you running the gm 3bar? I'm wondering if it may be something with the map sensor. I've run 450cc's and the stock map and it ran and idled like stock on my old setup.

I'm getting it to run pretty decent with some tuning, but I still am not sure why my duty cycle is so high for my 880's. I shouldn't even be near maxing these injectors out but according to the pulswidth I'll be at 100% at 20 psi.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:05 pm 

Like I said above, I don't think the pulsewidth calculation is accurate for anything that large. I even suspect it is off for 440s.

How is the car running now? Did you get VTEC working?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:49 pm 

About the pulsewidth, is there anyway I can read what the actual injector pulsewidth is? The pulsewidth in the log file is also very high.

Vtec seems to be working. I also set the timing to 12 degrees and that let me lean out the idle a little to around 12.5-13:1 afr which made the idle a bit better.
Here is the map I converted to 12 degrees timing, can you take a look at it and let me know if it looks ok. I tried to do most of the adjustments in Graphical mode like you said.

Attachments:
DustinBasemap_12deg.bin [32 KiB]
Downloaded 830 times
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next