pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Basemap Runs like crap.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:38 pm 

My setup is a a6/y8 mini-me. 880cc injectors, gm 3 bar map. Using ng63 code.
I interpolated the a6 stock maps into the ng63 code.
First off: I'm gettin a cel above 3k rpms. Stays on above 3k and goes off when below 3k.

I originally had the fuel map alot leaner but the car wouldn't idle, just revved and died.
I richened up the entire map some and the car now idles good. But the wideband is showing very rich at idle 7:1 (which is the riches it will go). When I rev the engine the wideband goes to 22.4 which is the leanest the wideband will go.
I'm thinking I have another problem besides the basemap and was just wondering if someone could take a look at it and tell me if they see anything way out of wack with my interpolation.

Thanks ahead for your help.

Attachments:
basemap1.bin [32 KiB]
Downloaded 1042 times
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:05 am 

Fuel distribution across the load map doesn't seem right.
First, you need to enable dataloging in order to know exactly what cells your ECU is reading at any engine state.
Find what intake vacuum your engine holds while idling.
eg. If this is close to the -16.31psi column, and your idle is rich, lean some cells around that area.
Locate the NA WOT area... it should be around the 1.11 column.
If value ~2 is enough for about -16psi intake vacuum then you need about three times that fuel value for NA WOT. Then try to scale fuel values according to intake vacuum.
This is just a quick baseline just to get the engine started. You really need to relay on what your ECU datalog.

If you can't see any error code on your ECU led, then the cell light is probably the shift light option. Search in the ng63 thread for references on how to adjust these extra tables.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm 

Thanks for your help. I haven't had time to datalog, but when I get time I will hook up and see where the ecu is getting the fuel values from. Just seemed like I had to run it awful rich just to get it idling. As for the CEL, the cel functions in TE are all greyed out so not sure how shift light could be turned on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:21 pm 

90zcrex wrote:
Thanks for your help. I haven't had time to datalog, but when I get time I will hook up and see where the ecu is getting the fuel values from. Just seemed like I had to run it awful rich just to get it idling. As for the CEL, the cel functions in TE are all greyed out so not sure how shift light could be turned on.

you need to use the extra tables plugin to change the CEL functions...see the attached photo.

Attachments:
basemap1.JPG
basemap1.JPG [ 47.9 KiB | Viewed 39224 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:14 pm 

I do not have the option for the cel function in Extratables. I have everything else except that one. I have extratables version 1.1.3. Is there an update for it that I didnt' get?

Also one other question. I tried hooking up and datalogging yesterday but couldn't get it to connect correctly.
I'm using a ps9 ecu with the header soldered to the cn3 port and a serial to usb cable. When I plug in the cable to my laptop windows automatically assigns the port to com12 which is not in the options in TE. I deleted my com port 1 and reassigned the datalogging cable to be com1 with the correct rate and other settings according to TE.
When I connect in Ecucontrol some of the numbers change to some odd numbers and do not log.
I'm using windows xp.
I'm thinking its a problem with my com settings but just wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks again for all your help.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:55 pm 

Ok, So I got the datalogging working correctly last night, Started getting some tuning done and I'ts running alot better than it did.
Weird though to keep the idle stable I gotta have really rich afrs, somwhere into the 12-13's. I'm guessing this is because of the big injectors?

Also still have the engine light over 3k rpm. Not sure why my version of extratables doesn't have that option.

Thanks alot for all of you guys help. Hopefully within the next month or so I can have this thing tuned and on the street. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 pm 

90zcrex wrote:
I do not have the option for the cel function in Extratables. I have everything else except that one. I have extratables version 1.1.3. Is there an update for it that I didnt' get?

look here ---> http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=20341#p129870

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:58 am 

How the )(#*$(*#$ are you getting 880cc injectors to idle at all?

The projected maximum is about 650cc.

I will have to take a look at your fuel map sometime when I can get to my laptop.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:46 pm 

I haven't had alot of time to tune but did a little bit yesterday and got it to idle ok. I had to add alot of fuel in the idle region. My wideband is showing like low 11's afr. Revving the engine wot I'm getting 11's too. part throttle needs alot of tuning to get it running smooth.
I'm wondering if I've got some bad fuel or my wideband is reading wrong cause I've got to keep it really rich to keep it idling smooth, and even under part throttle I've gotta make it pretty rich to keep it smooth.
I'll attach my latest .bin, I haven't tuned anything in the boost region yet, mostly at idle and revving.

Attachments:
Base93.bin [32 KiB]
Downloaded 1008 times
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:51 pm 

Stock cam?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:03 pm 

no its the zex 59500 cam.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:05 pm 

Ew. I don't like anything I see in that bin at all.

What vacuum is the engine pulling at idle?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:32 pm 

right around 20, and around 820 rpm.

What is it you don't like? I couldn't find a decent basemap that I could use for 3 bar, So I interpolated by looking at other maps.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:37 pm 

Those maps you've got don't match any form of reality.

That's good vacuum at idle, better than I was expecting. I'm working on something.

What pulsewidth is the ECU deciding on when you idle? Is it stable?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:51 pm 

Idle is fairly stable, it is idling right in the 820, 20 column so pw is 2.38.