pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:47 pm 

Hey,

I've been trying to figure out if u can adjust fuel in Turboedit while ur driving.
Like in BRE the map trace follows the 4 cells and interpolates them, but while im driving and are at a certain rpm I can see the map trace and accordingly either increase or decrease fuel at that given time.
But with turboedit u get a map trace in the datalogger but not in the fuel maps, so can u just datalog and then in the table of measured 02 read the AFR, then go to the fuel maps and then press each cell accordingly and then increase/decrease ?

Or am I missing out on something ?
Cause this seems rather time consuming?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 am 

In the maptrace/fuel trace tabs of ecucontrol, you can load a target AFR and the application will calculate new fuel values based on the target AFR, actual AFR and original fuel pulsewidth. Ecucontrol can update your fuel table values in TE, or at least tell you the % difference to change the values...is that what you were looking for?

here is an old instruction manual that was started...
http://forum.pgmfi.org/download/file.php?id=6449

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:35 pm 

Ohh I see ! Now I get it, I already thought that it was to much work to do it all by hand to type in every new value and check again if its right :lol:
Cause of you answering some of my simple questions, I can atleast start tuning correctly :)
So thanks again fastcrxsi90!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:48 pm 

How is that so much work? That's tuning. Also, I never trust map traces to accurately tell me WTF is going on. Look at the datalog to make adjustments, as the map trace is usually off a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 am 

I meant, typing in fuel values by hand, and if I need to do that while I'm driving the car myself and so on it will be much more time consuming then to see the afr difference and then adjust with the I and D or the "adjust fuel map" . But I'll look at the datalog log file, thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:01 pm 

Pull over to the side of the road. I don't look at numbers when I tune, I adjust the look of the curves based on the datalog. Using I+D is superfast, though. I've never seen that as a bother. I also never try to change things while the car is moving, unless someone else is driving.