pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:18 am 

Hey guys,

Another question, I can't seem to know for sure if my rom is cutting off my fuel or not.
I disabled the boost cut, but I'm running on an NG60 rom.
So my question is does the option boost cut work on a NG60 rom or should I use an NG62/NG63 map for that option ?

Dave M.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 am 

Diablo wrote:
Hey guys,

Another question, I can't seem to know for sure if my rom is cutting off my fuel or not.
I disabled the boost cut, but I'm running on an NG60 rom.
So my question is does the option boost cut work on a NG60 rom or should I use an NG62/NG63 map for that option ?

Dave M.

it should work in ng60...though I've never tried it in that series of roms. trust me, you will know if the boost cut kicks in...I would compare it to hitting a brick wall.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:56 pm 

Yea, but thats the problem. I'm kinda new to chiptuning, and I'm trying to run on 11psi on a D16Z5 (same as D16A9 and D16ZC). It was tuned before by a pro till about 8.7 psi.
And I don't know if either the fuel/ignition map is restricting me or the map sensor (some say the standard honda map sensor can take about 10psi and others say it can take 12psi) or the boost cut. But the part that bothers me is that it already starts to stutter right after 0.5 bar and thats like 7.25psi.
Cause when I go WOT the car starts to stutter or power just kinda falls away. But when I go at like 80% throttle everything is alright and the car just goes.
So thats why im asking if the boost cut works, like if I uncheck it, it needs to be off, and since I still have the stuttering its like either not turned off or I got something else going on.
I finally got the AFR's from my MTX-L matching in both TurboEdit and BRE, so tonight I'll try and get my fuel maps better to see if thats whats restricting my power.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:40 pm 

Still no luck, keeps stuttering from 5000rpm + with WOT. AFR shows towards 14's so way to lean, but even when I put in higher values in the fuel map it doesnt seem to get any better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:13 pm 

try checking your plug gaps,

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:22 pm 

Those are good.
And I got an NG62 rom tuned for the car now, with linear boost ign retard of -.8 but I can't get past 8.7 psi.
And AFR is around 11 at that amount of boost. So AFR doesnt seem to be the problem. Neither is boost cut cause its turned off.

Maybe its ignition, could it be that that would hold me back from reaching more psi ? (got a spring installed thats for 11 psi) Like maybe I don't have the base ignition setting right with the dizzy ?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:50 pm 

Diablo wrote:
Those are good.

Not to be dick, but that doesn't cut it. What is your spark plug gap?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:14 pm 

1,1 mm. Defined by Denso themselves. (iridium power spark plugs).
But so far I've heared its my stock map sensor acting up. I'll be able to confirm this next week as I am getting a 2.5 bar Motorola map sensor. And a digital boost controller.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:38 am 

try gapping the plugs at 0.7mm