pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:20 pm 

Whats up everyone? I'm Sean, and I've lurked these pages for quite a few years now. I've been using turboedit since about 05 or 06 when it was still turboedit 2.1.

I just want to give a huge shout out to everyone who has helped, not just with turboedit, but to pgmfi.org, and all freeware tuning software. Its just so awesome!!! On my Rsx type s i had to spend over 1k to get a good reprogramable ecu. With turbo edit, its as simple as soldering in a chip socket, install the emulator (i use an ostrich) and start programming.

Huge shout out, everyone involved, from writing code to testing and bugging. what a great community we have here.

On to my current story. Build, as goes is a 1986 honda civic. Converted to Obd-0 pgmfi, running a pm6 computer. Ls B18a hasport mounts, axels, and custom shift linkage. Custom built log style exhaust manifold (diy) t3/to4e 60 trim ebay turbo, 38mm tial waistgate mounted on top. 2.5 inch dp all the way back. DSM 450cc injectors, 2.5 bar motorola map sensor. innovate lc1 with xd16 gauge to moniter afr's. the waste gate opens at 10 psi with a MBC. The blow off valve is a stock DSM unit, useing the stock rubbers and some large radiator hose. Smaller FMIC (to fit in the small bumper) and a front mounted intake. Of course it has LSD and stage 3 clutch, to aid in getting off the line.

No, dyno numbers or 1/4 times, but they will be posted soon. I'm still in the process of perfecting my tune. Its rather difficult to get the ignition perfect. But now since i have my RTP working and datalog (just got the datalog cable) I'm sure itll be alot easier. Now i can just tweak the ignition, and copy the corrected fuel maps until i get a smooth pull.

That leads me to my questions; 1 my wideband o2 sensor is hooked up to the stock plug, with the narrowband simulator output giving 0-1v BUT the problem is, my datalog afr shows full rich, and the raw o2 voltage is 4.55 volts. Once I saw this, I disconnected the wire thinking I hooked up the wideband output 2 (0-5v) to the o2 plug. I just dont see that wire having 4.55 volts on it, unless its just shorted to a 12v source and the computer only sees a maximum of 4.55. I would test c16 at the computer and straight wire the o2, but my dumbass brother locked the volt meter in his car and hes at work with the keys. So, once hes home ill test it but i'm wondering if maybe i have a setting wrong or something.

2 when shutting down a datalog, is there any set way to do it? I got 2 or 3 errors when i first closed the program. But I shut the power to the car off first. I really doubt it matters but im sure theres a best procedure.

And, to be honest I really can figure this out on my own, but I just wanted to chime in and give my thanks. but hey maybe someone has had this exact problem. Anyway PGMFI.ORG RULESSSSS

PS check some pics :) http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48560&pid=496428&mode=threaded&start=#entry496428

Sean

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:47 am 

UPDATE...

Ok, so i figured out my 2 questions but now i have a few more.

the issue with the datalog it was simply that i had the older ng55 code as my base, and when i uploaded it apparently the o2 sensor function isnt working. Once i transferred my map to ng63 the o2 worked perfectly.

Also, i closed my turboedit program before turning off the car, and voila no error messages.

BUT now i have another question.

on the fuel trace set with o2 and ECT the trace only shows the fuel cells on the first two rpm columns. basically, when i give it gas the fuel trace only shows up in the 486 rpm column, and than if i set it to read 4 cells it only shows the 486 rpm and 578 columns. it never leaves this area, but it does accurately correct the tables.

everything else seems to work flawlessly, and im sure its something simple. maybe ill figure it out, but this one is a little more complicated than the other problems....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:17 pm 

rexsk8er wrote:
on the fuel trace set with o2 and ECT the trace only shows the fuel cells on the first two rpm columns. basically, when i give it gas the fuel trace only shows up in the 486 rpm column, and than if i set it to read 4 cells it only shows the 486 rpm and 578 columns. it never leaves this area, but it does accurately correct the tables.

can you log to file and post the .csv? Is the row value moving around correctly or staying at 0?

Ecucontrol needs to be version 6.1.17 or else the datalogged row value will match the drive gear (0 - 5) that you are in...are you using this version or an older one? http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=14776&sid=707a4a651caeaf687ae19f58620ecbce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:17 pm 

That ended up being what the problem was. Basically, when I installed and uploaded turboedit I had alot of previous instance's of turbo edit. So when i Installed the ecu control 6.1.5 it went into another directory than the one i had through my start menu. So when i upgraded to the new version it installed into a different file location than where the older version was, therefore every time i open turboedit it uploads 6.1.5

So, to fix the problem I searched the entire hard drive, uninstalled and deleted all turboedit related files. than i ran a system care tool that fixes any registry errors restarted computer, than re-installed turboedit 3.2.2, all the extended files and what not, and finally the newest version of ecucontrol.

at first kept getting an error, but it was simply that the file i located ecucontrol when installing was diffrent than the file the file turboedit looked for. once i corrected that it installed.

it helps to open turboedit as admin in windows 7 home edition, and that i suppose debugs the program

i just installed a new turbocharger, so the process starts over. of course ill keep updated of any issues. everything else seemed to work, i dataloged up to ~5600rpm but my boost was spiking badly to 14psi on my datalog, and i think my boost gauge is off(it said 10psi) so i have to get my boost controller back in check. thanks for the help BTW