pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:47 pm 

I am having a frustrating time importing stock PM6 D16A6 fuel maps into NG63, what with the slightly different column headers and rows, it appears you simply can't cut and paste away.

I tried two methods, one was interpolation, which made for a pig rich car at idle. The other method was to export stock tables and then import into NG63, which was a failure as well - super lean, not even close. I just want to tweak a few parameters and I want the nice ECUControl plugin that comes with NG63, which I can't have with previous NG code. Having to retune an entire map just to get NG63 code is a bit ridiculous - any advice?

BTW, my interpolated maps worked flawlessly with NG61, but that plugin doesn't work with the datalogger plugin does it? Hmmm, maybe I should try that, or doesn't NG61 work with ECUcontrol datalogger plugin?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:04 pm 

I have also tried to import directly PM6 maps into NG code roms using interpolation methods, but it isn't working that well. I suspect vacuum headers for stock rom are wrong and no one has ever bothered to fix them.

from my experience it goes like this:
22inHg column in stock rom corresponds to -19.26 collumn in NG62-63 code.
respectively
21 -> -16.67
19 -> -14.97
18 -> -12.98
16 -> -11.59
14 -> -10.29
13 -> -8.9
11 -> -7.3
9 -> -6.01
8 -> -4.61
4 -> -3.22
interpolate for -1.88
1-> for both - 0.33 and +0.33
and... just ignore the 1.3psi column of the stock rom because those values are extremely rich for the NG code. (plus, its pretty easy to choose the exact values your motor needs in WOT, guessing you already have a wideband)

But apart from all this, you have to retune your map according to your motor's needs. Don't take anything for granted... even if you happen to find a map that works well on someone else’s motor

NG61 sould work ok too, but you sould be better off with NG62 or NG63

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:44 pm 

http://www.xenocron.com/bins/index.php?direction=0&order=&directory=TurboEdit try looking through these and see if a C&P works for you.

Kirk

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:36 pm 

NG bins before 62 and 63 really sucked at idle, IMO. (I've been using them since before NG started. LOL!)

I've interpolated with my own eyes to get things to work well. It's worked fine?

Post up some screen caps of what you've got.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am 

I'll try attaching the BIN. Basically it is PM6 code interpolated to fit NG63, the interp was for vacuum (column headers), no interp for the different RPMs on the rows - near enough to be the same IMO. I know my interpolation is right, but if what kaynd says is correct, then I need to move my columns to more along the lines of what he says. Does this jive with what you know Mr. Beaver?

Attachments:
ng63_PM6_V2.bin [32 KiB]
Downloaded 1152 times
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:52 am 

Looks good enough as far as interpolation goes. It should run an engine pig rich at WOT just like any PM6. =)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:03 am 

Don't waste your time interpolating, taking vacuum values on columns literally.
This will run pig rich anyware... not only wot.

Have a look at Acid's basemaps and compare some values with what you have chosen.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=21820&start=0
(I know that tread is about a dohc D but all D16 have similar fueling.)

Just use your WB and spend your time in dataloging and tuning. If you don’t have a WB, don't bother using NG code at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 pm 

Good info in that link kaynd! I had thought I had pretty much read every thread, but I missed that one. Too many sub-forums on this site :( !

I know I was running rich, but now I understand why. I don't have a WB yet, but I will tune it up with the WB when I get one and post back some BINs later.

thanks guys!