pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:47 am 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:
Elcano89 wrote:
Awesome! I will test the cel malfunction rutine and post results. I will use it first on my D16A6 daily driver so i will be able to notice any problems. Thanks!

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20342

Am I doing something wrong? I'm using TE 3.2.2 with extra tables plug-in. But it's still grayish.

Attachments:
problem.JPG
problem.JPG [ 225.44 KiB | Viewed 34694 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:48 am 

Yeah. That's not extra tables. That's ROM properties.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:54 am 

The Acid Beaver wrote:
Yeah. That's not extra tables. That's ROM properties.

Yeah I kno lol. I'm just letting him know what stuff I have installed just in case it has something to do with the CEL functions not working yet. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:14 am 

Ok. I just tested it as is. I wasn't able to edit the CEL function in the T.E. ROM properties (Check Engine Light) since all options are disabled except "Stock (Code)". I noticed that the option that says "Stock (Code)" is not selected by default in this NG63 bin, so basically there's no option selected. I left this as is (no option selected). I imported my maps from my working NG63 bin. The first bug i noticed; If you turn the key on without starting the engine, CEL lights up as always and the fuel pump primes for a second, but after the fuel pump shuts off the CEL stays on which usually happens when a MIL code is present. But when I started the engine, CEL went off. Engine idles good, everything works as it should. The CEL shiftlight didn't apply to the Launch control rev limit. After Launch control rev limit disengages, CEL lamp starts to flicker at 5,000 RPM up to 7,000 and then it stays a bit solid but still flickers a lot. CEL malfunction codes rutine doesn't work. I disconnected the IAT and no CEL. Then tried it with other sensors and still no code. Overall, the Bin is stable and engine runs smooth, but the CEL routines don't work and the shiftlight is not stable. But I'm still exited to see that it can actually work! :lol: I don't know if this has something to do with not being able to edit the function via TurboEdit. But it is sure a lot closer to be functional than before! :D I'm not familiar with how this code works and not sure if this is actually possible, but just a suggestion. It should go something like:

If value X (current engine RPM) is -500 or same value of value R (current rev limit) = turn CEL on.

What this would do is activate the shiftlight 500 RPM before the revlimit. For example, If the current rev limit is the launch control @ 4000RPM, the shiftlight will activate, and after holeset it would activate 500 RPM before the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4rd and 5th gear rev limits (assuming that it will use the extra tables plug-in). I know that this is a LOT more complicated than it seems to me. But just making a suggestion for future development. The -500 value could be something else, but I used -500 taking into consideration reaction time to shift. So a CEL iluminating 500 RPM before the rev limit will give you time to shift before encountering the rev limit.

I have no idea how this code actually works, but IMO, if it is possible to do this, it would be the best way for this function to work since it would be very customizable with individual shift points for each gear and it will actually help a lot allowing better shifting thus better times @ the strip.

Thanks a lot to fastcrxsi90 for taking time to work with this, I hope to see it work 100% someday. And also wish I could help XD :lol:

Attached is the bin I used with maps for my stock D16A6

Attachments:
crx3 cel.bin [32 KiB]
Downloaded 925 times
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:49 am 

A client ran this this morning and was getting a short flash well below the setpoint (7k), but at and over the setpoint, the CEL came on solid and disengaged perfectly.

PM6, NA engine. Latest NG63 bin, corrected VBS script, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:51 pm 

yeah, your not going to get the shiftlight (or any other options) as well as the stock routines at the same time...without a bunch of thought/work. stock routines turn the light on for errors and off for no errors...so my code changes just bypass the stock routines if we are not using them (hence why the light will stay on after fuel pump prime), and turn the light on/off based on the new settings if not using stock functions.

I noticed the blinking of the CEL for the shiftlight, but then it went away the next time I drove it...I will take a look at my math to make sure there is no issues. The boost indicator worked 100% though...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:11 pm 

i'll check out the vtec indicator when i can get to the laptop/ civic.
He he cant wait

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:21 pm 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:
yeah, your not going to get the shiftlight (or any other options) as well as the stock routines at the same time...without a bunch of thought/work. stock routines turn the light on for errors and off for no errors...so my code changes just bypass the stock routines if we are not using them (hence why the light will stay on after fuel pump prime), and turn the light on/off based on the new settings if not using stock functions.

I noticed the blinking of the CEL for the shiftlight, but then it went away the next time I drove it...I will take a look at my math to make sure there is no issues. The boost indicator worked 100% though...

Nice! And as for selecting the CEL function in turboedit? Ex. Stock (Code), Shiftlight, Boost indicator, Vtec, etc? All options are disabled except "Stock Code". I can't select anything except stock. help? :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:32 pm 

Elcano89 wrote:
fastcrxsi90 wrote:

Nice! And as for selecting the CEL function in turboedit? Ex. Stock (Code), Shiftlight, Boost indicator, Vtec, etc? All options are disabled except "Stock Code". I can't select anything except stock. help? :(

Ohh... Sorry... My bad... I was missing the new vbs script. LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:58 pm 

The Acid Beaver wrote:
A client ran this this morning and was getting a short flash well below the setpoint (7k), but at and over the setpoint, the CEL came on solid and disengaged perfectly.

Same here with new VBS script. Shiftlight works but starts flashing @ approx. 5k rpm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:10 pm 

The Acid Beaver wrote:

OK, I got something similar to this but it went away so I thought it was a fluke. Should be an easy fix...usually takes me about 10 tries to get to this point so I'm doing good this time! :lol: :roll:

a9turbo wrote:
He he cant wait

awesome...thanks!

also, for the new script usage see this image... http://forum.pgmfi.org/download/file.php?id=8111&t=1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:39 pm 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:
The Acid Beaver wrote:

OK, I got something similar to this but it went away so I thought it was a fluke. Should be an easy fix...usually takes me about 10 tries to get to this point so I'm doing good this time! :lol: :roll:

a9turbo wrote:
He he cant wait

awesome...thanks!

also, for the new script usage see this image... http://forum.pgmfi.org/download/file.php?id=8111&t=1

Vtec CEL indicator is tested, works 100% perfect. VTEC engage set at 4k RPM. I used the A/C compressor relay. The screech sound is my A/C pulley when the compressor engages LOL.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n032jndHa94

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:47 pm 

Elcano89 wrote:
Vtec CEL indicator is tested, works 100% perfect. VTEC engage set at 4k RPM. I used the A/C compressor relay. The screech sound is my A/C pulley when the compressor engages LOL.

sweet! thanks for testing that...

I'll work up a fix for the shift light routine...probably just a math error.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:51 pm 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:
Elcano89 wrote:

sweet! thanks for testing that...

I'll work up a fix for the shift light routine...probably just a math error.

Awesome! thx! :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:37 pm 

just a quick question, but is the vtec indicator connected in any way to vtec activation?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next