pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm 

a9turbo wrote:
just a quick question, but is the vtec indicator connected in any way to vtec activation?

It just lights up the CEL when vtec activates relative to the vtec activate point you set at the rom properties.

I just noticed I'm flashing a code 10 (IAT) on my PM6 with the shiftlight routine active. Anyone else has it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:09 am 

a9turbo wrote:
just a quick question, but is the vtec indicator connected in any way to vtec activation?

there is a byte on the ROM used for a few things. Think of it as a binary number with the following positions 76543210.

For example say bit 0 is boost maps and bit 1 is vtec activation, when vtec is activated we turn bit 0 to a value of 1...when its off we clear the bit which sets it back to 0. Same for if we go into the secondary "boost" maps.

All the new routines do is look to the correct position depending on the option chosen, if its 1 we turn on the CEL if its 0 we turn it off.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:53 am 

ok so for example, if i disable vtec and set the vtec indicator at x rpm, then the mil will not illuminate...?

And whats the relationship between the vtec activation rpm and the indicator rpms? like if i set vtec at 5k and the indicator at 6k, will the cel light up at 5k or 6k?

Sorry for the q's, havent had chance to try this yet just getting my head round it, will try it when i get home from work

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 am 

a9turbo wrote:
ok so for example, if i disable vtec and set the vtec indicator at x rpm, then the mil will not illuminate...?
correct

a9turbo wrote:
And whats the relationship between the vtec activation rpm and the indicator rpms? like if i set vtec at 5k and the indicator at 6k, will the cel light up at 5k or 6k?
the rpm setpoint is only utilized for the shiftlight, VTEC indicator turns on/off as the VTEC output is turned on/off (so it must be activated).

Stock:
uses stock routines, CEL off after fuel pump prime, CEL on/off due to error codes.

Shiftlight:
stock routines bypassed, CEL on/off based on setpoint RPM and current RPM.

VTEC Indicator:
stock routines bypassed, CEL on/off based on if the VTEC output (A/C or Auto) is utilized and whether it is turned on/off.

Boost Indicator:
stock routines bypassed, CEL on/off based on if you are using column 0-14 or 15-29.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 am 

got it, super thanks, just what i wanted to hear.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 pm 

ok so i tested the vtec indicator earlier. cel lit as vtec engages, which is all good, but i could hear the relay fluttering.

Elcano89 wrote:

Vtec CEL indicator is tested, works 100% perfect. VTEC engage set at 4k RPM. I used the A/C compressor relay. The screech sound is my A/C pulley when the compressor engages LOL.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n032jndHa94

where is your ac relay? is it under the hood? can you feel the relay during engagement, see if its clicking

this is what i have....

Attachment:
vtec settings.jpg
vtec settings.jpg [ 170.75 KiB | Viewed 31373 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:24 am 

a9turbo wrote:
ok so i tested the vtec indicator earlier. cel lit as vtec engages, which is all good, but i could hear the relay fluttering.

Elcano89 wrote:

Vtec CEL indicator is tested, works 100% perfect. VTEC engage set at 4k RPM. I used the A/C compressor relay. The screech sound is my A/C pulley when the compressor engages LOL.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n032jndHa94

where is your ac relay? is it under the hood? can you feel the relay during engagement, see if its clicking

this is what i have....

Look at the attached picture.... Just connect the output of this relay to your VTEC solenoid. This output is a + that used to go the the A/C compressor clutch. Mine still has it. I'm assuming your civic has the factory harness intact. If not, then you will have to do a direct splice from the ECU and use your own relay. Hope this answers your question :D

Attachments:
problem2.JPG
problem2.JPG [ 91.14 KiB | Viewed 31365 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:56 pm 

you dont understand, i,ve been using te with vtec for a couple of years now. My car didnt come with ac so I have my relay down near the ecu.

Using ng63(3) vtec engages as it is supposed to.
With ng63(4) and vtec indicator active, the relay flutters (on off on off on off very quickly).

So does your relay click once or lots?
Try setting vtec at 2000 and see what the relay does

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:39 am 

a9turbo wrote:
you dont understand, i,ve been using te with vtec for a couple of years now. My car didnt come with ac so I have my relay down near the ecu.

Using ng63(3) vtec engages as it is supposed to.
With ng63(4) and vtec indicator active, the relay flutters (on off on off on off very quickly).

So does your relay click once or lots?
Try setting vtec at 2000 and see what the relay does

LOL im sorry haha. I didn't mean it that way, I tho u were settin it up for the first time. Well, in my case I have the complete A/C system and when I set VTEC to 4k RPM it came on perfectly and switched only once for on and then disengaged perfectly (In my case the A/C compressor.) In my car its located in the front just as the diagram shows. But I could hear the compressor perfectly and it didn't flutter at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:37 am 

lol no problem.

Your not likley to hear the relay click while your driving.
Try setting vtec for 2000 and reving the motor at the throttle body while parked and put your hand on the ac relay to see if it clicks once or lots.

My cel is solid once active and doesnt flicker but relay clicks like mad.

I havent tried the shift light or boost indicator (no boost :( ) to see if the ac relay still flutters.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:47 pm 

a9turbo wrote:
lol no problem.

Your not likley to hear the relay click while your driving.
Try setting vtec for 2000 and reving the motor at the throttle body while parked and put your hand on the ac relay to see if it clicks once or lots.

My cel is solid once active and doesnt flicker but relay clicks like mad.

I havent tried the shift light or boost indicator (no boost :( ) to see if the ac relay still flutters.

I know that it doesn't flutter cause the compressor keeps engaged. If it fluttered the compressor would come on/off/on/off and thats not the case. But.... It could be fluttering so fast that it doesn't give the compressor clutch magnet a break to disengage. Wasn't this an old NG code problem?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:31 am 

a9turbo wrote:

elcano89 wrote:
I know that it doesn't flutter cause the compressor keeps engaged. If it fluttered the compressor would come on/off/on/off and thats not the case. But.... It could be fluttering so fast that it doesn't give the compressor clutch magnet a break to disengage.

vtec seems to engage as normal just the relay clicks like crazy.
Please try my test, just to know if it is only me that has this issue

elcano89 wrote:
Wasn't this an old NG code problem?

yes, this has been an issue in previous versions.
Ng63(3) works fine. I am using ng63(4).

Has anybody else tested this yet?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:58 am 

ok, looks like I started with the wrong version of ng63...so thats probably why the relay clicks again. I have this corrected and I think I have the shiftlight blinking corrected; meant to set a value to 1 and I set it to look at the address 1...so long story short, that makes perfect sense as to why it blinked at the rpms that it did.

I will replace the old version and let me know if it works or not. I may or may not get a chance to test it myself today...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:43 am 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:
ok, looks like I started with the wrong version of ng63...so thats probably why the relay clicks again. I have this corrected and I think I have the shiftlight blinking corrected; meant to set a value to 1 and I set it to look at the address 1...so long story short, that makes perfect sense as to why it blinked at the rpms that it did.

I will replace the old version and let me know if it works or not. I may or may not get a chance to test it myself today...

superb, i will test the new rom when i get home. thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:41 pm 

a9turbo wrote:
fastcrxsi90 wrote:

superb, i will test the new rom when i get home. thanks

tested shift light and vtec cel, works as expected :D no more clicky relay.. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next