pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:09 pm 

confirmed that I get the same win 7 error when I install turboedit 3.2.2.In my case I have a small 7 inch laptop (yes! 7 inch kohjinsha laptop) and windows xp is acting up so I had to use win 7.My asus 901 is great with windows xp but this 7 inch kohjinsha has touchscreen as well and you can turn the screen and becomes a tablet!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:44 pm 

DO NOT TUNE YOUR CAR ON A WIN7 LAPTOP!

I almost got a heart attack the previous night!!

I got a nice 7 inch touchscreen laptop with win7 on it, I thought why not use that to tune the car.Installed the software and drivers (although some error occured at the TE installation, I said forget about it).....then plugged everything up and loaded a bin to my ostrich.....then hell broke loose!.......turned the key, solid cel, loaded the bin again, solid cel, loaded my factory map solid cel!I`ve put my factory ECU on and everything was good.I thought Ostrich was fried.Everything seems to work ok except Ostrich.I`ve verified that it writes and reads fine with my GQ-4X but no matter what I was doing I was still getting a solid cel....then I had an idea of resetting it with the DORSET utility from moates....SUCCESS!It started working again....but lesson learned......do not do any tuning with windows 7.End of story!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:49 pm 

Um . . . There are several people tuning with TE on 7. I wouldn't necessarily freak out quite that much.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 pm 

The Acid Beaver wrote:
Um . . . There are several people tuning with TE on 7. I wouldn't necessarily freak out quite that much.

well, the TE installation is giving me some errors (not the missing files that we need to register, it`s a different error) plus it messes with my ostrich.It`s a dead givaway to me that something is wrong with either the installation or windows 7.I`m staying away from it and I`m reporting just in case somebody ends with a solid cel and doesn`t know what`s going on.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:32 pm 

Cool.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:01 pm 

sophocha wrote:
DO NOT TUNE YOUR CAR ON A WIN7 LAPTOP!

I almost got a heart attack the previous night!!

I got a nice 7 inch touchscreen laptop with win7 on it, I thought why not use that to tune the car.Installed the software and drivers (although some error occured at the TE installation, I said forget about it).....then plugged everything up and loaded a bin to my ostrich.....then hell broke loose!.......turned the key, solid cel, loaded the bin again, solid cel, loaded my factory map solid cel!I`ve put my factory ECU on and everything was good.I thought Ostrich was fried.Everything seems to work ok except Ostrich.I`ve verified that it writes and reads fine with my GQ-4X but no matter what I was doing I was still getting a solid cel....then I had an idea of resetting it with the DORSET utility from moates....SUCCESS!It started working again....but lesson learned......do not do any tuning with windows 7.End of story!

I have used nothing but WinBlows 7 Professional on a laptop to tune my car using TE 3.2.2 - I have a three port USB hub (non-powered) connected to my 14.7 wideband, my Ostrich and a USB to serial convertor to talk to the ECU and I have not had an issue. Data logging both the ECU and the wideband and uploading/downloading to the Ostrich.

What Tablet PC do you have? Is it a dual boot Android tablet?

Kirk

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:15 pm 

It`s a Kohjinsha SC3 (7 inch touchscreen) with Windows 7 Ultimate.It might be something simple like a corrupted driver or something, but I`m scared to plug it in to find out! I might install a fresh copy of windows xp on it.Until then I`m using my Asus 901 for tuning.

Also, how did you fix that STDOLE2 error that appears when you install TE?I get that as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:28 pm 

sophocha wrote:
Also, how did you fix that STDOLE2 error that appears when you install TE?I get that as well.

Hmmm...didn't get that error - I am running just Blows 7 without any service packs installed...I am not familiar with the "Ultimate" package...perhaps they have "Ultimately" screwed you? :idea: Just kidding - not a fan of the Bill Gates bloatware but in some cases you just have to do what you do...

Thanks for the info on the tablet, but, is it a dual boot system?

Kirk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:20 pm 

gtpilot wrote:
sophocha wrote:

Hmmm...didn't get that error - I am running just Blows 7 without any service packs installed...I am not familiar with the "Ultimate" package...perhaps they have "Ultimately" screwed you? :idea: Just kidding - not a fan of the Bill Gates bloatware but in some cases you just have to do what you do...

Thanks for the info on the tablet, but, is it a dual boot system?

Kirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfaH4Ok4Bjo

Here you go.It`s not dual boot.It`s a windows mini laptop (was $1000 when new) got it for $200!It`s going to be excellent for tuning (has a touchscreen as well).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:59 am 

I got around the problems with active X and the plugins with just "right click, run as administrator" on TE.

I'm on Win7 also.

But I am having problems with connecting to ostrich, not sure if that has anything to do with win7 though. No problem i Crome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm 

Hi.

In 2019 use all OBD0 soft WITH right click, run as administrator

When you install software right click, run as administrator

When you install ECU Control same thing.

Thank