pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:05 pm 

Hello all,
I don't post much, I have been lurking for a while...been using turboedit to tune my DOHC ZC turbo CRX with great results. Lately I have been wanting to use ECUControl to do some data logging at the track now that it is open and I am having some issues. I try to open it through turboedit and it won't load, I open the standalone version and it does load. I have tried all the walk throughs that I have found on the forum and I have had no luck. I am using Windows XP and turboedit 3.1.10. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

-Jason

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:59 am 

for 6.1.17, look in the application folder and see if there is a applog.txt (or something similar, cant remember what i named it) file...and if so post what it says. then try this and post back if it worked or not...

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19303#p118641

basically make sure eChartControl.ocx is in the same folder as ecucontrol.dll...i think that is the one that causes it to not open. if that fixes it, drop that file in your system folder and register it using Start>Run... regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\system32\eChartControl.ocx", then you will never have to worry about it again.

this isnt done with the installer because i can only upload a maximum of 2mb and with all the resource files, i am well over that size. plus i dont like overwriting stuff on peoples system folders...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 pm 

Ok I tried what you said and still no luck, and when I open the applog.txt i get this:

Application Innitialized...
4/27/2010 - 5:02:56 PM
Communicating with TurboEDIT...

I installed turboedit and ecu control the way i have been installing it here on my work computer and it worked for me there. I think i may be missing a file or I may have an incorrect file somewhere. Thanks again for the help.

-Jason

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:41 am 

I've tried re-installing again, still no luck. I really wanna datalog at the track on friday, any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:46 am 

so you've moved echartcontrol.ocx and mtssdk.ocx to the correct locations and/or registered them successfully and nothing shows up still???

do you have the old standalone version installed? http://forum.pgmfi.org/download/file.php?id=6344

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 pm 

ok, so i just spent most of my night screwing around with my laptop and figured it out (as i completely fubared my setup and brought it back to life).

make a new folder in the ecucontrol plugin folder...lets call it Resource Files for example.

move the following files into that folder:
mts.dll
mtssdk.ocx
eChartControl.ocx
NumLEDs.ocx
cars.ocx

then register each one (except mts.dll) and see if it starts...

to register... Start>Run... and type in the following
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\TurboEDIT PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\Resource Files\mtssdk.ocx"
then repeat
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\TurboEDIT PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\Resource Files\eChartControl.ocx"
then repeat
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\TurboEDIT PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\Resource Files\NumLEDs.ocx"
then repeat
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\TurboEDIT PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\Resource Files\cars.ocx"

let me know if it works... :?

Attachments:
ecucontrol resource files.zip [223.25 KiB]
Downloaded 1436 times
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:38 am 

Thank you very much, I have the stand alone version running and it functions. I will try what you said in your last post when I get home today, and post back with the results. Thanks again for all the help.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:46 pm 

Sweet! That did the trick, thanks again for all the help! Look out for a donation coming your way!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:47 pm 

This post has helped me solve my problem and now I am capable of data logging.

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 pm 

I have done this x2 to got it work.. Next update maybe one installer and that installs turboedit and ecucontrol in one installer, so you dont have to install like 5 different zips and exes... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:05 pm 

fastcrxsi90 wrote:
ok, so i just spent most of my night screwing around with my laptop and figured it out (as i completely fubared my setup and brought it back to life).

make a new folder in the ecucontrol plugin folder...lets call it Resource Files for example.

move the following files into that folder:
mts.dll
mtssdk.ocx
eChartControl.ocx
NumLEDs.ocx
cars.ocx

then register each one (except mts.dll) and see if it starts...

to register... Start>Run... and type in the following
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\TurboEDIT PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\Resource Files\mtssdk.ocx"
then repeat
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\TurboEDIT PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\Resource Files\eChartControl.ocx"
then repeat
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\TurboEDIT PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\Resource Files\NumLEDs.ocx"
then repeat
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\TurboEDIT PRO\Plugins\EcuControl\Resource Files\cars.ocx"

let me know if it works... :?

This worked for me. all the files are in the new ecucontrol plugin installer, but I had to register them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 pm 

seems i was missing the mts.dll file

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:24 am 

I downloaded mtssdk.ocx and wanted to put it in my plugins folder and noticed that it was already there.
I replaced it anyway and it fixed the problem.

thanx!