pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:34 pm 

Hi is their a Step by step guide and bin files for Turboedit v3.1.10 and ecucontrol
haveing problems opening a bin that works in Turboedit and it does seem to want to log with ecucontrol pluggin installed etc.

Bre all worked fine i wantedto try turboedit and Ecucontrol, Freelog but i am having problems with getting them working properly i have the latest versions installed etc i am using a PWO-E00 ecu Hulog/Ostrich package. Most of the time it tells my my bins are incompatable etc and cant eidt them ??? The ones it does open it wont let me eidt say they are not TE Bins but i cant find any and cant get everything o work in harmony as its supposed to. I tried with Bre Bin with dl+rpt enabled etc.

anyclue what i am doing wrong??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:42 pm 

pabloe wrote:
Hi is their a Step by step guide and bin files for Turboedit v3.1.10 and ecucontrol
haveing problems opening a bin that works in Turboedit and it does seem to want to log with ecucontrol pluggin installed etc.

Bre all worked fine i wantedto try turboedit and Ecucontrol, Freelog but i am having problems with getting them working properly i have the latest versions installed etc i am using a PWO-E00 ecu Hulog/Ostrich package. Most of the time it tells my my bins are incompatable etc and cant eidt them ??? The ones it does open it wont let me eidt say they are not TE Bins but i cant find any and cant get everything o work in harmony as its supposed to. I tried with Bre Bin with dl+rpt enabled etc.

anyclue what i am doing wrong??

i think the only definitions in TE are for most non-vtec obd0 roms, PR3 (obd0 vtec) and P30 (obd1) roms...so a PW0 bin most likely wont open in TE. TE doesnt really have much of any support for anything but non-vtec obd0...mostly because you have BRE for obd0vtec and crome (among the many others) for obd1.

freelog might work for you once you input all the sensor address locations (not sure if they are already there or not)...but im not 100% sure if it will work the the obd0vtec datalogging format (single byte vs multiple).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:05 am 

TY so no turboedit of PWO ecu's then??? ty.
Can u use Ecucontrol with bre is there a script to port the datalogger for it, at all around. ???

To make a data command set for a PWO in Freelog do i just look up my Ecu's error codes and enter them in the correct locations??? data cmd tab? and just apply Bre's DL+RPT code? for freelog to work??? That what i was thinking of trying but wasnt 100% on how to do it and if it would work.

So BRE for PWO VTEC ecu's and Turboedit for PR3 ecu's?? isnt a PR3 a vtec ecu?

I just wasnt 100% confortable using bre and the way it worked its a pain in the ass some of the limitations or lack of development to finish bre and bring it up to Cromes standard wasnt far of but their was a couple of things that i didnt get on with. Editing 1 cell at a Time is a pain. I could copy paste fuel tables in etc and no 3d graph ;( so close but yet so far. guess its missing alittle development. Why doesn't the guy just finish developement once and for all and charge a small free, like TunerPro? I was trying to expand beyond trying to use Bre nothing wrong with it works fine I just wasnt comforable with it myself, but it works fine