pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:13 pm 

I threw in a Gm 3 bar, and im getting a check engine light but with no ecu codes (pm6 ecu running te 3.1.7 and NG61)

i can clear the code by blipping the throttle in neutral

anyone have any ideas?

edit:
i guess im looking to confirm others have used the 3 bar options in TE with success.

Last edited by welfarepc on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:04 pm 

I get a check engine light sometimes if I'm cruising in 5th gear at lower speeds. I never get a cell either. The light turns off if I hit the gas a little. Sounds like it might be a similar problem.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:05 am 

interesting...

i think this is the same sort of issue the ECU has with seeing over 3.5 volts to the o2 sensor. the ECU sees a value that its not expecting, and throws a check engine light.

the car still drives fine because the map sensor is relaying information that the ECU can use. its just not what it expected. so it gives you a warning that something fishy is going on (the CEL)

i wish i had a motorola 3 bar to try, or even a 2.5 bar (which is tested and working since 2.5.2).

i havnt found one person who can verify that the 3 bar support works flawlessly. or even works at all. (with a motorola or gm 3 bar)

so this is where i stand now...

stock 1.8 bar map sensor setup EXACTLY the same as my GM 3 bar. all connections soldered at the same time and shrink wrapped together. stock map sensor throws no CEL/no codes.

gm3 bar throws CEL light, no codes.

I hit the GM with the multi meter, puts out 1.57v at atmosphere.
the power is supplying 4.97v. everything seems to check out. only question mark is the software.

swapped the gm 3 bar map sensor in my friends obd1 setup, setup for a gm 3 bar. the car runs a tad bit leaner but no ecu codes or anything like that. hes going to run it for a few days and report. i might return it and get a replacement, since i can.

might as well rule it out.

i got my sensor from a local parts store. i sure hope its legit. lol
dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:03 pm 

well i just did some street tuning on a d15b dual vtec with a JR supercharger, 3bar msd (same as GM part number), 13psi with the 12v-16v switchover at 3200rpm (thru and msd rpm window) and the large cam VTEC thru the ac output at 5800rpm.....which didn't work at all, but that'll be another thread...

random check engine light not necessarily in the boost section but no codes as well

i thought it might be due to the ostrich, haven't heard back from the owner regarding the CEL with a burned chip...

ps i use BRE with ng 61 i like the interface a little better... not to dig on TE though...

interesting problem

phil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:39 am 

almost seeming to be an obd0 issue.

i got a patched bin file with some changed that have been made by a programmer working on TE.

gonna try that out after i exchange my 3 bar just to make sure.

please, anyone else with the same issues chime in!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:03 am 

i was driving with the stock map sensor down a hill and got a random check engine light. FUCK. there goes the control.

with my foot off the throttle and the car in gear going down hill i had a 15AFR

strange.

so i resoldered everything.

got my gm 3 bar map sensor back from my friend. it checks out. no problems with it.

going to put the 3 bar map sensor back in shortly.

so far after two days of driving with resoldered connections and the stock map sensor no issues.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:35 pm 

no CEL since resoldering the connections using the stock map sensor.

will throw the 3bar back on soon.

edit; racing season is over so my need to boost higher than 8psi is non existent. but it will happen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:15 pm 

I got same random cel with no codes and will go off when open throttle little bit. Pm6 + romulator + gm 3bar.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:10 pm 

try this rom...it has different (smoother) map scalars than the original TE calcs. its a copy of what i sent to welfarepc.

standard disclaimer: copy in your own maps, because these wont work for your setup.

Attachments:
3 bar tune (REMAP try1).zip [14.37 KiB]
Downloaded 1032 times
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:30 pm 

it ended up being bad wiring on my behalf. just so anyone reading this can see how i fixed my issue.