pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:16 pm 

Hey guys, I am just starting to look into using TurboEdit on my CRX Si w/ DOHC ZC swap. I previously have turbo charged my saturn on MegaSquirt and I'm now looking forward to a new tuning experience w/ my N/A Crx.

I've been testing out the Turboedit program (v 3.1.2) and I cannot get of my bins to save. after I type in the file name and press 'save', the save screen goes away and then pops back up and nothing was saved. (no errors given) If I try to export a map and then import the map, the program will create a file called 'untitled.bin' that is not openable. If I try to save over this Untitled.bin, it will erase that file.
Here are my steps.
-open Stock PM6.bin (from xenocron)
-export the map
-new ng60
-import the previous map in
-save as...
and nothing ever happens

Also another quick question about chipping the ECU, if I use an Ostrich 2.0 to emulate a chip so I can RTP, do I still need a chip burner or does the ostrich 2.0 take the place of a chip? If I have read correctly, I think it will only take the place of chip temporarily during tuning right?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:06 pm 

I have solved this problem by switching to v2.6.1 from http://www.xenocron.com/te.php?page=te_cover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:03 pm 

hmm, thats odd...but to be honest, I havent tried the import feature with the latest TE. Well, I suggest you use TE 3.1.2 for everything else, since the plugins for it will work best with the latest TE.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:20 pm 

Justin91CRXSi wrote:
I've been testing out the Turboedit program (v 3.1.2) and I cannot get of my bins to save. after I type in the file name and press 'save', the save screen goes away and then pops back up and nothing was saved. (no errors given) If I try to export a map and then import the map, the program will create a file called 'untitled.bin' that is not openable. If I try to save over this Untitled.bin, it will erase that file.
Here are my steps.
-open Stock PM6.bin (from xenocron)
-export the map
-new ng60
-import the previous map in
-save as...
and nothing ever happens

i just tried this...there is an error with saving a new bin created from the template (.bnt)...i will fix that this week. existing bins save fine on my end. the import/export also works just fine on my end...although i have to admit ive never used the import/export for anything. i just open newest stable rom and copy/paste my maps over.