pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new version
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:16 am 

I've did some commits over the last couple of days, and most of the infrasctructure for a working editor seems to be there.

SO TRY IT NOW AND START DEVELOPING! :lol:

http://tunetoy.sf.net/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:21 pm 
Senior Developer

will definately check it out. Thanks for your work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:44 am 

Cool.. I'm currently working on the 3d graphical views (a la hondata).. Should be finished next week or so..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:24 am 
Updated the build instructions..
Tunetoy requires Eclipse 3.1m6 now (though it still may work with older releases, but I can't support those).

Also, the build instructions have been updated, and are much more simple now. Some people were having problems in the final steps (getting it to run after retreiving it from CVS). Now even YOU can build it (or at least your mother), so try it!

The Java WebStart version (which you can run directly from http://tunetoy.sf.net/) has been delayed, due to a strange bug in Eclipse 3.1m6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:29 pm 
Senior Developer

seems like you're doing a pretty good job :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:43 am 

Thanks :D. That sort of comments is what I'm doing it for :) (and of course because I like learning about the ECU and believe in free (OSS) software).

Anyway, a nice update today:
- Initial support for P13 and P28
- GUI updated (looks pretty pretty now :))

3D graphs are slightly delayed, because my Java3D OpenGL install got corrupted somehow.. After hours of debugging, I removed it and install the Java3D DirectX version.. Seems to work now, so back to work :).

Also, the Java Webstart version is almost complete (hammered the Eclipse bug), just need to get some more hours into one day (who else thinks only 24 hours in a day is just plain wrong?).

Anyway: here's a screenshot for all you screenshot lovers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:40 am 
DirextX??? what about all us non windows users? Whats the point of coding an OSS java app that isnt platform independent?

Great work btw, looks really nice, to bad eclipse is so damn slow on my laptop, and Im already forced ot use it to much for my Software Engineering 1 class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:00 am 

luti wrote:
DirextX??? what about all us non windows users? Whats the point of coding an OSS java app that isnt platform independent?

Don't worry :). Java3D comes in 2 versions for Windows, one OpenGL, and one DirectX. The API (Java classes) is (are) the same, it's just the backend that's different. So it still will be platform independent.

luti wrote:
Great work btw, looks really nice, to bad eclipse is so damn slow on my laptop, and Im already forced ot use it to much for my Software Engineering 1 class.

Thanks. Much effort has gone into Eclipse 3.1 to speed it up, 3.1m6 is pretty snappy on my laptop. Also, upgrading to Java 1.5 and enabling UseParallelGC made a HUGE difference, however, 1.5 is still not available for Mac OS X.

Startup-time of Tunetoy (stand-alone, not from IDE) on my laptop is about 1.5seconds.

BTW: You can use any IDE to work on Tunetoy (NetBeans, JBuilder, JDeveloper, etc), you are not limited to Eclipse.

Post subject: Re: new version
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:51 pm 

Here.on this site it describe a good process of tune toy.it gives a information about how we can install a software with proper steps>it guide us with necessary information which we have to keep in mind.