pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ECTune
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:39 pm 

Even though it's not a DIY or open source; And even though they have their own forum; I think it is fair to add an ECTune discussion forum for anyone with a ECTune'd rom in their car, or people to ask questions, etc.

That is if Calvin doesn't mind =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:39 pm 

this way you won't need to get special access to get help for software that you've paid for...lol....its been a few days since i've been using the pre-release version and i still can't post anything in the specific forums.

eCtune is badass by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:59 pm 

Don't use the tuner forum, use the "software" section and post in "single car license test" and "Bug Report". I just made a thread in cingle car license test to have a conjoined list of my findings/notes and ask basic questions. I posted my bugs (when I was able to recreate all steps to make them happen) in the bugs forum after I got all the data ready in my thread to keep things clean, and easy for calvin to address.

And, I must say;

The interface is awesome, lots of flexability, and the "virtual workspaces" that come in handy for not having to switch between windows constantly.

It seems that almost every aspect of how the ECU code runs is known and controllable. Very in-depth, and well defined. Amazing.

The software stability is good as well. Good solid interface; Typical bugs seen in software development. There is a good reason the software is still Beta and not public; And it will be well worth the wait IMHO.

But yes; I think a help/support/discussion forum is more than reasonable considering the amount of requests we get here for even hondata tuning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:41 pm 

i couldn't even post in the "software" section, but synoptic helped me out (talked to calvin) and now i can post in there.

I couldn't agree more with what you think about eCtune.

I absolutely love the map trace, and how it does trails and traces in every map/table your in (i.e. IAT, ECT compensation tables, battery offset tables, i find this especially useful). And if someone with little experience tuning cars were to use this, it would take all of the guess-work out of tuning the IAT, ECT, etc etc tables.

I find the softwere to be extremely easy to navigate and find what you need, although there is a lot more features/functions than crome, i still find it easier to use. I've only been using it for a very very short time, compared to the years i've been using crome and am very glad i dished out the cash for eCtune.

I now have a pretty fair comparison between crome, neptune, and eCtune, and crome gets left in the dust compared to neptune and eCtune, but IMO eCtune gets the win for how easy it is to use/set up and tune with, Neptune isn't hard or confusing or anything, but i just like eCtunes GUI a little better, things are easier to find and more out in the open. And i really like how eCtune has the display showing the important sensor information and how the AFR is colour coated (like crome).