pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:55 pm 
don't know much about ecu's. and don't even know which ecu my crx 1988 d16a9 is running on? which ecu's can I upgrade to and make it chippable. or does anyone got one for sale with it being mapped for a 1988 d16a9 crx with 4-1 stainless steel manifold and simota inductionkit which breath from the lowercorner of the car. and upgraded performance leads? tried to search through this forum, but seems they all have different codes on the ecu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:59 pm 
have you read the wiki and information on pgmfi, it tends to help a little bit if you dont understand all the write ups after that then repost..

with basic mods like that it sounds like you might be able to just get away with a vafc or safc.. however learning to chip the ecu will produce better results.. just read the write ups they should help.. from beginning to end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:11 am 
reading is not a big problem, the biggest problem is that i dont even know which ecu i got???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:44 pm 

So you need to know wich ECU you have.
It´s writing on it, just read it and search on the WIKI how you can chip it.

I have a D16a9 engine runing with a PM7 ECU and i also have a PR4 wich also runs that engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:31 pm 
as I read on wiki, there is quite a bit needed to be done with the ecu to make it chippable.
in other search i found that it is possible to use a rover gti ecu instead which is chippable?
is this one the right one 37820-PP5-E01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:54 pm 

JFP-91 CRX wrote:

I have a D16a9 engine runing with a PM7 ECU and i also have a PR4 wich also runs that engine.

^^^ this guy has narrowed it down for you.
most likely '88 ECUs are OBD-0, and since you are non-vtec---> PM7
focus your research on this and see where all the info points to.

D16A9 ECUs that are OBD-1 are P29 so u might want to look into getting this one and its harness

OBD-1 = easier chipped than OBD-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:55 pm 

JFP-91 CRX wrote:

^^^ this guy has narrowed it down for you.
most likely '88 ECUs are OBD-0, and since you are non-vtec---> PM7
focus your research on this and see where all the info points to.

D16A9 ECUs that are OBD-1 are P29 so u might want to look into getting this one and its harness

OBD-1 = easier chipped than OBD-0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:13 am 

Use PM7-X04...( 90 CRX D16A8 ) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:25 am 
manhin1314 wrote:
as I read on wiki, there is quite a bit needed to be done with the ecu to make it chippable.
in other search i found that it is possible to use a rover gti ecu instead which is chippable?
is this one the right one 37820-PP5-E01

Yup, use the Rover PP5! I use a Rover PP4 which is the same as the PP5 only designed for CATS, So I had to turn off the code for the 02 sensors. This ECU is very easy to chip, just one chip to be removed and put a ZIF socket in it. I use the Atmel AT29C256 chips, they are very good, never had a problem with them. Atmel have stopped production of these chips but you can still get them from http://www.moates.net and shipping to us here in the UK is very reasonable too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 am 
hi guys. I bough a dastek unichip....can I use this on my pm7 ecu or would it be easier to put it into a pp4 or pp5 or p29

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]