pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: burnt dm4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:05 pm 
I was getting my p06 ready for a p28 conversion and desoldered some of the holes, and didnt put the new parts in yet. I am new to this and don't know if that may be my problem. DM4 overheated and burnt up part of the board, throwing a cel and causing the gauges to trip out. Does anyone know what may have caused this? Do the holes need to be filled with soldered on the board?
attached is a fuzzy pic if that helps

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: burnt dm4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:26 pm 
Not to sound like a jerk, but if you have to ask if holes need to be filled with solder, you probably shouldn't be attempting to chip your ECU. At the very least, practice unsoldering/soldering on something else OR have someone who's experience watching you.

It's hard to say what caused it to heat/burn up, but my guess would be that you shorted something when you were soldering.

-Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:55 pm 
I don't think soldering/ desoldering is my problem.
But I do lack in knowledge of electronics and am learning. I have chipped other ecu's successfully, but I was trying something different on this one.
Could you answer my question, so I will know in the future: do the holes need to be filled?
Because if they do that might be my problem.

I also noticed dm4 and r101 are only used on the p06 boards, does anyone know their purpose?
I guess I'll try to finish the conversion later and remove these two and see if it works.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:27 am 
FWIW, I've only seen these used is on 1720 boards, AT and MT PR3 or PR4 and never on the 1500 board.

Post subject: Re: s o l d e r. . .
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:55 am 
PGMFI Elf

i pity da fool who can't get it in the hole !

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:41 pm 
if it interests anyone I removed the dm4 and r101. And added the appropriate parts to convert it to vtec capabilities. It was a 11f0 board and seems to be functioning flawlessly now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]