pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:53 pm 
I keep getting the message:

"Sector number 0 can't be programmed successfully!  Please check your hardware and the flash eprom!"

at the end of the burning process. So I did the hardware test, and everything went fine until the 2nd voltage test (3-5v) on #16. It got nothing. Same thing on the next voltage test (10-13v?) and got nothing on #16 again. #1 and #3 (the other two in the test) tested out fine. On the voltmeter I'm using DCV 20, is this the correct setting?

So my guess is that there's a bad connection somewhere or a part not installed correctly. This is my very first small electronics project with diodes and transistors and what not, so I'm very new and do not have much knowledge, pulling my way through by message boards and bugging J.Davis. Are the transistors suppossed to be directional? Anyways, here's a pic of the board if anyone can compare and help me out :) Thanks! -Sean

http://www.norcalcrx.org/spoon2/pics/burner.jpg

EDIT: by the way, after the test it said to especially check R1-R4 and R6

[%sig%]

Post Edited (10-25-03 01:00)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:24 am 
Looks similar to mine..
Not sure how good you're soldering iron is but it is easy to burn up the CMOS devices.
An easy thing to try is to replace them with sockets (practice for future desoldering :-) and
try new devices (393, 157 and 595).
Have you tried reading a PROM? Make sure you insert it at pin 1.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:30 am 
CMOS being the 4 chips surrounding the socket? Yea, I figured out that the sockets should of went there after I soldered in the chips.

Insert at pin 1???? Aren't you suppossed to insert them at pin 3 like in the instructions?

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:02 am 
I'm retarded...I was reading the pins wrong on the socket. I was getting the specified voltage in everything, and found out that one or both of my 74HC393's is bad. So I guess it is time to install those sockets eh? lol. I'll have to go pick up some new ic's tomorrow if a elec. store has them, and we'll see! Thanks for the help!

[%sig%]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:31 am 
hmmm yeah...maybe while soldering the IC's got to hot.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]