pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:27 am 

I am looking into modifying Honda motorcycle ECUs particularly 2001-2017 Goldwing, F6B and Valkyrie ECUs. It is my understanding they are not OBD2, but other than that I don't really know where to start on this. Up until relatively recently there was at least one person who flashed these, so I know it is possible, but I have no clue how he did it. Seems like the EPA is cracking down on shops that flash motorcycle ECUs, so I imagine more and more they will move towards end users.

Any thoughts or ideas on where I should get started would be GREATLY appreciated.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:09 am 

Reading, writing, data and codes are relatively easy with inexpensive tools. Hardest part is going to be finding or, even worse, writing a definition file for it in order to recalibrate the tune before writing. I have not found any source for accurate Honda definition files. There are a few sources that are either useless, inaccurate or severely limited. I can write you a .xdf if you end up buying the hardware.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:01 am 

JoelEspinoza wrote:
I am looking into modifying Honda motorcycle ECUs particularly 2001-2017 Goldwing, F6B and Valkyrie ECUs. It is my understanding they are not OBD2, but other than that I don't really know where to start on this. Up until relatively recently there was at least one person who flashed these, so I know it is possible, but I have no clue how he did it. Seems like the EPA is cracking down on shops that flash motorcycle ECUs, so I imagine more and more they will move towards end users.

Any thoughts or ideas on where I should get started would be GREATLY appreciated.

Reading, writing, data and codes are relatively easy with inexpensive tools. Hardest part is going to be finding or, even worse, writing a definition file for it in order to recalibrate the tune before writing. I have not found any source for accurate Honda definition files. There are a few sources that are either useless, inaccurate or severely limited. I can write you a .xdf if you end up buying the hardware.