pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:09 am 

I was excited to find a nice looking 1988 CRX when searching for an old car for my son to practice mechanics on. Now I'm learning a lot instead.

I found ECU to be P28 chipped from hamotorsports.com with bluetooth module. I paid $5 for TunerView. How cool - just like my 2019 Civic's OBD2 now lol.

It has no o2 hooked up. I think it runs rich I can smell it in the exhaust (it's incomplete and doesn't mate well. I guess that's next to do, they gave me a box of exhaust parts too)

EEPROM programmer arrives tomorrow. Where do I start? Once I read the .bin on there is there a way to tell if it's stock/basemap/custom tune?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:57 pm 

neutronscott wrote:
I was excited to find a nice looking 1988 CRX when searching for an old car for my son to practice mechanics on. Now I'm learning a lot instead.

I found ECU to be P28 chipped from hamotorsports.com with bluetooth module. I paid $5 for TunerView. How cool - just like my 2019 Civic's OBD2 now lol.

It has no o2 hooked up. I think it runs rich I can smell it in the exhaust (it's incomplete and doesn't mate well. I guess that's next to do, they gave me a box of exhaust parts too)

EEPROM programmer arrives tomorrow. Where do I start? Once I read the .bin on there is there a way to tell if it's stock/basemap/custom tune?

It depends of what they used to tune it. What protocol do you use with TunerView? That can tell you what software they used to tune that ECU.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:37 pm 

Linszter wrote:
It depends of what they used to tune it. What protocol do you use with TunerView? That can tell you what software they used to tune that ECU.

Logs say Crome QD2. I downloaded the free one. I can make edits and just lose the datalogging function?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:12 pm 

I guess the o2 is disabled with debug mode.
Attachment:
options.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:23 pm 

neutronscott wrote:
I guess the o2 is disabled with debug mode.

there are some that run with the O2 disabled full time.
there are also some that prefer to re-enable it when they are done tuning. (<-- I'm in this group)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:29 pm 

relic1 wrote:
there are some that run with the O2 disabled full time.
there are also some that prefer to re-enable it when they are done tuning. (<-- I'm in this group)

It's simple enough I'll put it next on my list. I'll find the obd1 sensor, connector, and run wires.

I don't think it'll get on a dyno. Previous guy wanted a race car. I just want a CRX lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:47 pm 

neutronscott wrote:
Previous guy wanted a race car. I just want a CRX lol.

we all have different levels of speed bug bites. I started just wanting a little more power, now I have a track only car in the garage.