pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stubborn Honda ECU's
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:10 pm 

I have a 92 integra with a B16 and I'm having a problem....

The car has sat for quite a few years due to priorities being elsewhere and no time to look at it but back about 5 years ago it had the passenger side floor leak and a lot of water not into the passenger side. The ECU was killed during this but I thought it was becuase water had gotten into it. I bought a new ECU and the car started up and ran for a few minutes before the ECU was killed (big cap blew out same issue as first time).

Fast forward to today I bought a new socketed ECU (that was supposed to be good) but it had a CEL but the car ran enough to move it from the garage to the side of the driveway and it sat for 2 weeks while our flooring was being redone. I went to start it after that and it turns over but won't fire up (no fuel pump prime) which leads me to think the ECU might have been killed again. This would have happened with the car off but with battery power.

Help me figure out what sensor or circuit has power during key off that would kill the ECU? I don't even know where to start. I checked IC7 Pin 32 and it has 5 volts. I then checked Q10 and Pin 1 and 2 (the pins on the same side) have 5 Volts but Pin 3 (the single pin) has no voltage.

Am I better off buying a new ECU since this is a second problem with this ECU or is there more that can be done?