pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:35 pm 

so i boosted my 93 eg si, d16z6 with vitara pistons and ran my p28 chipped ecu by notorious racing thinking i would be fine and could boost around everywhere. then i pressed the gas, hit 10 psi of boost and it bogged. so i got to reading and learned im leaning out and destroying my engine. everybody said id be fine on stock injectors, no tune if im low psi, theyre dicks, but whatever i listened so now i have to learn to tune. my p28 is socketed, i have access to a laptop, im damn near broke after my turbo install and all the parts it took. so where do i begin? the car is my only car, and is my daily, but i aint left my house in almost a week. toss me a biscuit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:11 pm 

check the newbie section... there are write-ups on tuning if I am not mistaken.

to do live tuning takes several hundred in tuning gear (wideband, emulator/datalogger, software, etc).... and you run a very real risk of blowing things up learning. Expect it to happen. Learning is slow and takes lots of small moves and most importantly patience.

I torched several motors throughout my time learning to tune years back, and it was a worthy personal investment.... it taught me what to do and what to not do.... but mainly it taught you the physical things like sounds and feelings you just can't accurately fully describe to people.