pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:07 am 

Hey Guys,

I just joined the forum literally 5 seconds ago and I haven't looked around. I was brought here from what I saw by Gonzo on another forum.

http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/302234-post1.html

I've got a VN 2014 Honda PCX 125, and a few raspi's that I run gentoo.org linux on cross-compiled on my PC. On the software side I think I can handle things and play around.

My fist goal is to see how much stats I can get out of the ECU with the Raspi and an AtMega. Down the track I might consider working on a project to make a mineralized unit with GPS and the ability to immobilize the engine, if there was some hack to do that as something you can fire up once you've located your stolen bike and you know the location via GPS. Obviously the envisaged kit wont plug onto the Honda's SCS diags port. One of the Military owned Phone companies in Vietnam is selling a similar unit.

As far as electronics go, I am not that crash hot but I know how to solder properly and can fix things like SMPS pretty easy. I'm willing to put the time in and try and design up a Raspbi daughter board using Eagle and Perfboard to plug in to the Raspbi Pi, and I've already got a GPIO breakout board for my rasberry pi v2 too.

I understand here is the place to be if I want to work out what info I can extract over the K-Line from the Honda ECU.

I understand most of the work is on the higher end bikes, but I want to see how different the cheaper bikes ECU's are.
[blackout] [s]Vietnam is also one of those countries when you can pay someone a few bucks to let you copy the software for the official SCS probes and I've got a friend at the local non-honde owned dealer service centre.[/s][/blackout]. I take that back for legal reasons.

I'd include my picture with my daughter below so you know who I am seeing I'm meant to introduce myself.
Update: deleted picture after reading the rules regarding attachment use.