pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:10 pm 

I sincerely apologize if this has been covered and I just missed it but i tried searching "chipping pr4" and "obd0 pr4 chipping" all to no avail. I have a 1989 CRX DX which currently has a d15z6 that needs a bottom end and is running off a chipped P28. I'm planning to use a B20 along with bits from a 1990 Integra RS 5 speed I scooped up for free. I am planning to use the manual PR4 from the Integra to run a B20B I will be putting into the CRX. In an effort to tidy up the wiring and keep it simple for myself I am planning to return to OBD0 and ditch the jumper harnesses. But I understand that the b18a1 map would be though not bad, sub-optimal for a B20 with full bolt-ons (Yay! +5hp!). I'm not trying to set land speed records or street race here I'm just trying to get my feet wet in the world of Hondas and car/ecu modification.

I was raised in my dads body/mechanic shop and among my friends I'm the most adept with cars and usually end up being "the friend" that does engine swaps in exchange for beer and pizza but I want to go beyond that and learn how to tune and play with ECUs.

So with all that out of the way. My question, again sorry if this has been covered and if so feel free to drop a link.
What would be required to chip (and tune) my 1990 PR4 manual ECU? I'm trying to establish a parts list and previous forum findings have been a little confusing. Links to places that sell this stuff would be AWESOME. Thanks in advance guys.