pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JDM Type R B18C Chip?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:09 am 

Hi all I've just joined on the hunt for some assistance

I appreciate what I really need is the car custom mapping but it does run very well - albeit a bit rich - plugs and tail pipe sooty

I have a C6 UK basemap chip in the P30 ecu currently and wanted to try a JDM type R map as I thought this may be closer to the spec of my car with it having a full 2.5 inch system

The car is a GTM Libra kit car, B18C Type R engine running OBD1 P30 socketed ECU (car previously had a OBD1 B16A2 hence the setup)

Has PLM big tube 4-2-1 manifold, 200cpsi sports cat 2.5inch system all the way through and straight through silencer. Induction kit is a whale C*ck set up.

Would I benefit at all from trying the JDM map/chip and is there anyone who can help? As I got the Chip in the ECU from Htune but they don't have the JDM version apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:27 pm 

I do not personally think you will notice much of a difference between a UK DC2R stock map and a JDM DC2R version. The VTEC cross and rev limit data will be exactly the same, and aside from minor changes that may or may not exist in the fueling and timing tables, everything else would be identical as well. (Except maybe for knock/O2 sensor inputs, not sure what stock UK spec entails for emissions purposes but that can all be changed to suit your build easily) In any event, you would be much better off with a modified program specific to your setup/altitude/fuel etc. This is actually my first day as a member on PGM, but I have been a long time member of the Honda enthusiast community, an engine builder, a tuner, and avid user on HT forums (Same username) Despite that, I am certainly NOT new to modifying, building and tuning B series platforms, and have a ton of dyno created binary files for a B18C in all different variations from a tune that I consider THE BEST tune for a bone stock B18C, to numerous bolt-on car tunes, to high comp/big cam/big injector all motor tunes, forced induction, etc. Bottom line, if you have a Burn2 or equivalent or have someone that can burn the chip for you, I will be more than happy to email you a BIN file that would make your setup RIP and be much more effective than a stock program while still being just as safe. B series VTECs don't like to make power very lean anyway, so I don't tune them as such. Also, from my experience over the years I will also tell you that for a race type of build, a 3" exhaust will ALWAYS make power on a B series over smaller systems, when tuned appropriately of course. Me personally I always run 3" on my street cars as well, just with two resonators and the sound is still very manageable but the power gains are always there over a 2.35-2.5" system. Just a tip, as a lot of people think they are going to lose power from lack of "back pressure" etc, this simply isn't true. Every single component in an exhaust system after the collector of the header is a restriction, period. Keeping that restriction as limited as possible is the best case scenario, and even a bone stock GSR/SIR-G does make more power with a 3" over a 2.5" with tuning, and the effect is even greater when more modifications to increase air flow are done. Anyway, awesome looking kit car you have there and good luck with it. If you would like to try out a custom program get back to me and ill send you a good file. I'm not looking for any money, I just saw your kit car and it looks cool so I figured I would offer to lend a little help your way. I can set the Rev limit, launch control(2-step), and VTEC crossover to whatever value you want if you have specifics in mind, and then use one of my proven strong running fuel/timing files along with it to make the most out of it based on what your elevation and fuel type is. (Ive tuned cars from -500ft to 5000+ above sea level so I have a good idea of what altitude does to speed density cars lol.)

Also, remember above when I said I think I created THE BEST tune for an all stock B18C period? Well I attached a dyno below. This motor is in an EG6, and is 100% stock Honda parts. Factory crank, rods, pistons, head gasket, intake manifold, OEM cams, untouched head, stock intake system (resonator removed and K&N filter), stock CAST Integra Type R header, no AC, no power steering (N1 CTR crank pulley). Exhaust was removed after the header collector. (open header) Made 190whp on my own version of a stock P73 basemap as a baseline number, then after a bunch of pulls on the dyno adjusting the tune, I made nearly 200whp! Remember this is a 100% stock B18C down to the intake system and exhaust header. That is why I say I think this is the perfect tune for a stock Type R motor.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:42 pm 

YHM :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:18 am 

B20VtecVillain wrote:
I do not personally think you will notice much of a difference between a UK DC2R stock map and a JDM DC2R version. The VTEC cross and rev limit data will be exactly the same, and aside from minor changes that may or may not exist in the fueling and timing tables, everything else would be identical as well. (Except maybe for knock/O2 sensor inputs, not sure what stock UK spec entails for emissions purposes but that can all be changed to suit your build easily) In any event, you would be much better off with a modified program specific to your setup/altitude/fuel etc. This is actually my first day as a member on PGM, but I have been a long time member of the Honda enthusiast community, an engine builder, a tuner, and avid user on HT forums (Same username) Despite that, I am certainly NOT new to modifying, building and tuning B series platforms, and have a ton of dyno created binary files for a B18C in all different variations from a tune that I consider THE BEST tune for a bone stock B18C, to numerous bolt-on car tunes, to high comp/big cam/big injector all motor tunes, forced induction, etc. Bottom line, if you have a Burn2 or equivalent or have someone that can burn the chip for you, I will be more than happy to email you a BIN file that would make your setup RIP and be much more effective than a stock program while still being just as safe. B series VTECs don't like to make power very lean anyway, so I don't tune them as such. Also, from my experience over the years I will also tell you that for a race type of build, a 3" exhaust will ALWAYS make power on a B series over smaller systems, when tuned appropriately of course. Me personally I always run 3" on my street cars as well, just with two resonators and the sound is still very manageable but the power gains are always there over a 2.35-2.5" system. Just a tip, as a lot of people think they are going to lose power from lack of "back pressure" etc, this simply isn't true. Every single component in an exhaust system after the collector of the header is a restriction, period. Keeping that restriction as limited as possible is the best case scenario, and even a bone stock GSR/SIR-G does make more power with a 3" over a 2.5" with tuning, and the effect is even greater when more modifications to increase air flow are done. Anyway, awesome looking kit car you have there and good luck with it. If you would like to try out a custom program get back to me and ill send you a good file. I'm not looking for any money, I just saw your kit car and it looks cool so I figured I would offer to lend a little help your way. I can set the Rev limit, launch control(2-step), and VTEC crossover to whatever value you want if you have specifics in mind, and then use one of my proven strong running fuel/timing files along with it to make the most out of it based on what your elevation and fuel type is. (Ive tuned cars from -500ft to 5000+ above sea level so I have a good idea of what altitude does to speed density cars lol.)

Also, remember above when I said I think I created THE BEST tune for an all stock B18C period? Well I attached a dyno below. This motor is in an EG6, and is 100% stock Honda parts. Factory crank, rods, pistons, head gasket, intake manifold, OEM cams, untouched head, stock intake system (resonator removed and K&N filter), stock CAST Integra Type R header, no AC, no power steering (N1 CTR crank pulley). Exhaust was removed after the header collector. (open header) Made 190whp on my own version of a stock P73 basemap as a baseline number, then after a bunch of pulls on the dyno adjusting the tune, I made nearly 200whp! Remember this is a 100% stock B18C down to the intake system and exhaust header. That is why I say I think this is the perfect tune for a stock Type R motor.

I'd definitely like a copy of that bin file

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:10 pm 

x2 :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:19 pm 

B20VtecVillain wrote:

i am looking for a good extra power on a stock high compression piston on a integra b18c jdm