pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:55 am 

Just bought a project car, mostly due to 'jdm' b16 swap already done. I get home and pull the ecu plate, only to find a leg broken completely off, right where the label was, and a small chunk out of the pcb within. The traces seem ok, but i still need to pull the cover to ID the ecu. It is clearly obd0, and nothing that looks like an obd adapter. However, there is only one o2 sensor(in the soon to be replaced crumpled dc collector), and i understand they need 2?

Previous owner was clueless to the point of trying to repair a fiberglass hood with electrical tape. I have removed tons of rice speghetti going to halos, neon, and a now missing stereo system. One thing of note was a big metal box spliced into the water temp sensor, with a radiator sensor. Guessing an aftermarket fan control, but ran all the time even cold, so i pulled it for now.

Any advice on 1st steps? This thing needs a tune badly. Was told tps was bad by po, but turned out to be multiple vacuum leaks, now less loping and surge is gone. Will make sure valve lash and timing are right first, id ecu, then???

Thanks in advance. I am a ecu noob, but work in computers, and dabble in electronics. I also know cars, particularly hondas quite well, but reliable obd0, jdm, and associated knowledge seem to be hiding.