pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:55 pm 

Okay I have a chipped and socketed P61 ecu in my 1993 Integra with a B17 swap. My problem is the ecu will not run on the chip, it keeps running on the stock map. I took the chip put it in my friends chipped P72 and it runs the chip in my car. It runs fine on the stock map, no check engine lights. I replaced the jumper at J1. all the solder connections look good. I had a tuned chip in it 3 monthes ago and it ran on the chip perfectly, I gave the chip to a friend and cut the jumper. Now that I replaced the chip and the jumper at J1 it wont read the map on the chip. Any ideas? also Ive been noticing a lot of chipped ecus do not have the capacitors added to C51 and C52 or the resistor added at R52???? And they work great! Has something changed with chipping obd1 ecus I don't know about? Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:09 am 

You forgot to jumper J1 with a wire.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:09 pm 

If J1 is on, it will be running the external rom, so if the chip or chipping isn't good, that will be in limp mode. If its still running on the stock map, J1 isn't jumped or the circuit isn't complete somehow.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:48 pm 

Your best bet is to take a high resolution screen shot of your ECU so that we can see what you did wrong on the front and back side of the circuits inside.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 pm 

Okay I will take a pic but. I have had a working chip in this ecu before I have been trying to use a similar program. This ecu has been chipped for 6 years ran a chip for 5 then cut J1 and gave the chip to a friend, now J1 is jumped again, I added both the capasitors and resistors along with the logic chip, the ecu has a zif socket. and the ecu is not in limp mode. it runs perfectly with the stock map, it just will not read the chip. I actually replaced the jumper at J1 to make sure, I also replaced the resistors, and the main ecu larger capacitor that tends to go out. All the parts I used came right from Xenocron.com and followed their instructions. I also socket ecu's for my friends I've done 50+ with no issues. This is why I am confused. Thank you everyone for your help.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:51 pm 

Here are some pics of the ecu.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:03 pm 

Here is a little better quality pic.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:05 pm 

R54 looks poorly soldered on. The back side of the ECU image is blurry so I can't tell for sure.
You may want to go over the solder joints on the chipped components and add some more solder to the ones that have a weak / cold solder.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:18 pm 

Update, I tried taking the chip out of the socket and the car wont start. If I put the chip back in it runs but not off the chip, that should be a problem with the program burned on the chip right. Its burned in P30 format and tried one in P72 format. Any ides?? I also went back and redid the solder conections.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:50 am 

Chips do go bad and its not the first time I have seen one gone bad. I would try a different chip and go from there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:32 am 

Okay will do, Saturday ill go get a new chip and have it programed and try again. Thanks I hadn't thought about a chip going bad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 am 

how to chip your obd1 ecu?
answer:
get a 27c256 29c256 or 26c256 chip 28c256 dont work with our honda ecus
get a surface mount smd 74hc373 chip for jdm and non smd type latche 74hc373 for usdm ecu
put a soldering wire on j1 and short/jump it
make a basemap be sure that you have removed the checksum routine if using crome, voila happy chiping