pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: crome wont load file
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:40 pm 

hello i got a chipped p28 ecu with a b16b with ITB'S map in it so i put the chip in my burner and red the chip then tried to open it in crome to have a look but it says invalid file so i tried a chip i burned the other day and it says the same thing
any ideas whats wrong
i would like to upload the b16b itb map on here might be of some use to somebody thanks

Post subject: Re: crome wont load file
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:53 pm 

jdmonly wrote:
hello i got a chipped p28 ecu with a b16b with ITB'S map in it so i put the chip in my burner and red the chip then tried to open it in crome to have a look but it says invalid file so i tried a chip i burned the other day and it says the same thing
any ideas whats wrong
i would like to upload the b16b itb map on here might be of some use to somebody thanks

hello...do you have crome dealer version?maby it is crome gold file with password :?: .....!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:13 pm 

its the free version i burned a stock b18c map to a chip the then i red the chip again just to if it worked and it says invalid file its same as the b16b map which is from a running car

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:39 am 

Offset the file by 8000 bits. I'm not sure which burner your using but you may have to do it manually with a Hex Editor program. Just copy all the binaries and then move it to a new file starting at bit address 8000. That should fix your file opening issues.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:44 pm 

i will try that hope i can and the burner is the GQ-4X thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:08 pm 

here's what i did i opened the file in the hex editor and scrolled down to 8000 and copied it then pasted it to a new file saved it tried it did not work then converted it with hex2bin still did not work i am new to all this stuff that's what i think you said correct me if im wrong any way here's the file

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:53 pm 

If your using the GQ-4x use the option to offset the hardware at 8000 bits when reading the EEPROM.
Ill look at what you have.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:13 pm 

thanks so much i never seen that option do u have to do that with every chip i read and what does that do any way here the new file thanks as i cant understand this mapping stuff yet does this look good

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:54 pm 

I looked at your bin file. There are a lot of zero entries at almost all the address. I think you either read the chip wrong, or the file on your chip is corrupted.

The offset simply states that you want the programer to star reading your chip at 8000 and fill a bin file starting at 0000 since Crome doesn't understand anything from 8000 to 7FFF and your ECU the opposite.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:26 am 

there must be some thing wrong with the way i burn chips once i burn the file which works before i burn it it does not work
soon as i read it then try to save the file size is 0 bytes i have play with speed and mess about with to get it to read Right but still does not work it says index out of bounds
b16a2 is the file before i burn it to a chip and h is the file after i burn it to the chip
also every chip i put in the burner the ID check fails would that have anything to do with it and should i use a DC power adapter instead of the usb sorry to be a dumb ass here really new to this the only chip i burned that i know works is for a Nintendo game lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:52 am 

Some of the SST chips are chinese clones which will say it doesn't match with the ID,but that won't be any problems make sure you pick the SST27SF512 chip in the GQ-4X. I haven't had any problems with this option, their is another chip that is close that will also work search using 27S512 in the hardware select.

When you burn with a crome file make sure you offset it at 8000 hex so that the chip starts at 8000 and beyond for the chip to work in the ECU. When you are reading the ROM chip you have to once again offset it at 8000 so that the file starts at 0000 or Crome won't be able to load the file. Play with it and you will understand. Its not hard, but make sure you chip sits correctly in the burner and you select the SST hardware chip. It takes a little practice and if you do it wrong it doesn't burn correctly.

I suggest you do a blank check and after burning a read check.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:31 pm 

i will have another try there should be schools for this stuff any good sites to learn this stuff apart from the library section thanks for the help by the way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 pm 

I could make a TUT but I just don't have any time right now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:51 am 

not sure what a TUT is but thanks anyway

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:41 pm 

i was playing around with the chip burner again it seems the chips i got from ebay stt 27sf256 are shit there very annoying when i burn a file to them i does not seem burn right then i read them try to save the file but when it its 0 bytes sometimes it saves to a bin file but does not work in crome it's annoying iv got about 10 of them lol
then i used the stt 27sf512 i got with the chipping kit from moates it work's ok but still sometime does not save right