pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:30 pm 

Hi I hope some one can shed some light on this problem sorry for the long post but I think the background is needed. I have a B20 vtec in my car and am trying to tune it with Bre using a Moates ostrich. I had the ostrich working and the car was running fine on Pwo euro bin. I had the two original O2 sensors diconnected and the analog feed from my LC1 wide band to C8 and the digital feed to C16 for datalogging with the secondary O2 switched off. I was running fine like this alltough I had not got the datalogging working as yet. I then changed my header and exhaust for a larger bore and when I started it up after this I struggled to start it and it would not rev up. Just to try it I put in a spare standard ecu and it ran fine even with the modified O2 setup. Then I tried an old chip I used to run when I still had a B16 in the chipped ecu and it was also fine. This led me to suspect the ostrich so I burned a chip with the same bin I had on the ostrich and it would not run properly and had a solid cel, likewise with a standard pwo euro bin. Any help gratefully received.

Dave