pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:54 pm 

I've replace the original engine with a JDM F22b (accord OBD1, non-vtec, automatic) engine. The way it's been done is I used an OBD1 dizzy and ran the wires from the dizzy to the (red, green, blue, white wires) on the crank since the Harness and ECU are still Original (obd2).

this is how it's connected:

to solder the OBD2 connector to the OBD1 dizzy:

connector------------ dizzy
green-----------------green
yellow/green---------yellow/green
black------------------white
yellow-----------------orange

then there's gonna be 4 more wires comin off the OBD1 dizzy, which get extended down to the TDC and CKP on the oil pump (again, i cut the bottom connector off and soldered them):

OBD1 dizzy------- OBD2 TDC & CKP:
blue/green----------blue
blue/yellow --------white
orange/blue--------green
white/blue----------red

Problem is the car idles horribly and also does not start right away (chugs a few secs before starting). Even worse, I'm getting random misfires on all cylinders and ECU light flashes when above 120km per hour. Other then that the car runs fine on highway and gives 12km per liter on highway.

I've checked every other problem that could be, so please don't waste your time asking me about the other parts. My mechanic who did the swap says that the problem is my ECU. So i got an similar

Accord EX Auto non-vtec 2.2liter ECU and nothing changed (proving that he was wrong to say that my ECU was bad).

Then I purchased an Accord 95 (xxx-POB-xx) non-VTEC Auto ECU and a conversion harness but car won't start.

So now I'm thinking that the only way is to covert the engine to OBD2 by replacing all these from a USDM post 96 Accord OBD2 engine:

*Oil pump
*Crankshaft Position Sensor
*Crankshaft Timing Gear (OBD2 one has 12 pins on it)
*Crankshaft Pulley (harmonic balancer pulleY)

Is this my only way around the problem? Or do I still have a way to chip the ECU as explained in your article?

viewtopic.php?f=54&p=119274

I'm not sure the your article applies to my but if it does, can you please explain to me what I would need to do this. I've already got a red conversion harness (that's often sold as for manual cars only).

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!