pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:03 am 
Senior Developer

Sean, chill the fuck out. Ross managed to reply in a very curteous manner and you're continuing to be an ass. Debate technical aspects, don't go putting down other people, please.

I've seen far more efficient turbo setups than the one I tuned up in Michigan. I've seen far less efficient turbo setups than the one I tuned up in Michigan.

You certainly did some things right, there certainly is a lot to be improved, CHILL THE FUCK OUT AND QUIT BEING SO ARGUMENTATIVE AND DEFENSIVE. IT WORKED WELL, MIKE IS HAPPY, I AM HAPPY. Lets discuss some of the things that ARE INDEED WEIRD (at least for a honda) and all try to learn about them. Ok?

And Ross, Vortechs don't move a shitton of air at lower boost levels yet they love a low vtec crossover. In this case (rather large exhaust wheel, etc.) I'm *almost* inclined to say IM vs. EM, but in all honesty I was rather shocked how the vtec crossover turned out.

And Ross, we most definately noticed an exhaust leak somewhere in the system, but we didn't have time to troubleshoot it fully. Also consider this is an INTERNALLY gated turbo with a 2.5" DP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:37 pm 

having a high tq curve is nothing out of nature

my SOHC D16 with a 14B turbo made peak tq at 6600 rpms on a dynojet after i installed my homemade manifold, and 3" full exhaust and tuned the air fuels

so what? NA it had pq tq at 4700

some engines are freak , and some dont, due to the efficiency on mines and his i dont see why its not possible to have a high tq curve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:43 pm 
The IM/EM is in the process of being checked. I'm not gonna chill out. I don;t want his tunning help. This thread was about the results you attained. Tell him to chill the fuck out. Ross did not reply in a courteous manner. He started running his whole about how wierd the power curve was.

blundar wrote:
Sean, chill the fuck out. Ross managed to reply in a very curteous manner and you're continuing to be an ass. Debate technical aspects, don't go putting down other people, please.

I've seen far more efficient turbo setups than the one I tuned up in Michigan. I've seen far less efficient turbo setups than the one I tuned up in Michigan.

You certainly did some things right, there certainly is a lot to be improved, CHILL THE FUCK OUT AND QUIT BEING SO ARGUMENTATIVE AND DEFENSIVE. IT WORKED WELL, MIKE IS HAPPY, I AM HAPPY. Lets discuss some of the things that ARE INDEED WEIRD (at least for a honda) and all try to learn about them. Ok?

And Ross, Vortechs don't move a shitton of air at lower boost levels yet they love a low vtec crossover. In this case (rather large exhaust wheel, etc.) I'm *almost* inclined to say IM vs. EM, but in all honesty I was rather shocked how the vtec crossover turned out.

And Ross, we most definately noticed an exhaust leak somewhere in the system, but we didn't have time to troubleshoot it fully. Also consider this is an INTERNALLY gated turbo with a 2.5" DP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:04 pm 
Senior Developer

As much as I appreciate your pearls of wisdom, I will ban you for a week if you continue to be an argumentative ass.

The power curve WAS very weird. The end. It's unlike any other B16 I've tuned. Whether you choose to accept this or not is a different story.

Regardless of all this, I will ban your ass just as quickly as anyone else if you can't chill out.

TECHNICAL ASPECTS
TECHNICAL

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:04 pm 
The power curve does not look wierd to me. I tune lots of forced induction v6 v8 I4 I6 engines. I also tune tons of NA motors. This curve is the exact aim i was shooting for. Big flat tq curve ontop of the Vtec mode. all parts selected and used were designed to accentuate the Vtec power zone. Really no point in a traction limited car having a giant tq spike to knock the tires loose. Things from our point of view couldn't be better. BTW Dave good job on the calibration runs good. Car drives flawlessly. Still seems to be engaging vtec at part throttle any ideas on a fix ?

blundar wrote:
As much as I appreciate your pearls of wisdom, I will ban you for a week if you continue to be an argumentative ass.

The power curve WAS very weird. The end. It's unlike any other B16 I've tuned. Whether you choose to accept this or not is a different story.

Regardless of all this, I will ban your ass just as quickly as anyone else if you can't chill out.

TECHNICAL ASPECTS
TECHNICAL

the end.