pgmfi.org

Hacking up Honda's ECU
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mustang tuning
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:15 pm 

So I gotta complain a bit about the Mustang crowd. Maybe someone here can help me out.

Since my son has run off with his CRX, I have been looking for what the state of the art is for DIY tuning for my '96 Mustang Cobra, so I can continue to play with this stuff. But I am finding that most Mustang tuning posts go something like this: "I talked to my tuner and he said..."

I have been looking for solutions that would let me do my own tuning, such as a datalogging solution and a ROM editor. But I have not been able to find anything that will let me do my own tuning. I have been badly spoiled by pgmfi.org. I even got crazy enough to try to think about how I might synchronize 2 Honda OBD1 ecus, one for each bank of my V8...

Anyone done any Mustang tuning? What tools did you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:09 am 

Have you tried Diablosport. My friends mustang was tuned with that. Not sure if can be used to tune it yourself though. And maybe AEM EMS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:45 am 

mark if you can find any thing let me know a find of mine has a 96 cobra and asked me to tune it and i have kinda been looking for a good program to tune his car with.

and you could alway build an injetor driver setup for 8 injector running an alternating injector pluse and/or run two honda ecu with crome :) :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:25 pm 

Thanks for the DiabloSport tip. Unfortunately, this is what their web site Q&A says:

Quote:
The predator does not support vehicles before '99.

Also, their tuning only lets you add or subtract fuel & timing in two RPM bands, 2K-4K and 4K-7K. Any finer granularity requires a trip to one of their dealers.

Still looking for a solution. :(

But SCT looks interesting. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:26 pm 

Here's one that my friend uses. Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.tweecer.com/

Just search around, lots editors out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:26 pm 

looks great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:48 am 

Thanks for the TwEECer tip. It looks like the closest to the pgmfi.org philosophy. I'm studying the getting started manual, but it looks like it might work well for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:28 am 

Good luck with the mustang. I am a member to a couple mustang forums that i joined to try to learn. sadly to say, they were the most pathetic, immature forums i have ever seen. it was just a bunch of smack talking, and when i would post an actual technical question, nobody would know or answer.

have you ever considered a b-series swap?

i want to pick up an old base modle lx stang, throw in a good 4-500hp b18c1 and take the driveshaft out, convert it striaght axle in the back, and cut out the whole floor of the truck, since there will be no more torque back there, i figure with a front wheel drive set up, i could shave enouugh wait off the mustang to under 2400 lbs, probably even more. with a strong four cylinder it wouldnt be hard to get into a mid twelve quarter.

of course this is a joke but if i won the lottery or something i would so do it , just so i could put vtec stickers on it!

but good luck with your ford tuning project.